IFAC welcomes professional accountancy organizations (PAOs) that support IFAC’s mission and programs as Members and Associates. The IFAC Board has the authority and responsibility for determining the criteria for and procedures by which organizations are admitted as Members of IFAC.
IFAC staff guide candidate PAOs in the admission process with the advice and oversight of the Compliance Advisory Panel. The admission process includes:
- An initial expression of interest by the PAO and the establishment of an ongoing dialogue with IFAC (contact email@example.com);
- Developing an understanding of the IFAC admission criteria and the IFAC Statements of Membership Obligations (SMOs);
- Completing an initial SMO Action Plan, with guidance from IFAC;
- Seeking sponsorship from an existing IFAC Member;
- Submitting application package materials, sponsor’s report, and an application fee;
- IFAC’s assessment of the PAO and application materials; and
- Consideration of the application by the Compliance Advisory Panel and IFAC Board followed by a vote by the IFAC Council.