Instructions for Submitting a Nomination
The Nominations Database includes features to improve the functionality and effectiveness of the nominations process. Features include the ability to export the nominations form from a portable Excel form to the nominations database. In addition, a nominating organization or self-nominee are able to save an incomplete or complete nomination form in PDF format for later review.
Log In to an Account:
- If a nominating organization or self-nominee have previously registered on the IFAC website, please enter your email address and password in the indicated fields on the Login page and click the login button.
- If you have forgotten your password, please click on the Forgot Your Password link and your password will be sent to your email address.
Create a New Account:
- If a nominating organization or self-nominee do not have an account, please create a new account on the Registration pageas follows:
- enter your email address and profile information;
- save the account information by clicking on the Create New Account button; and
- go to the link provided in the confirmation email to activate your account and create a password.
Submit a Nomination:
- Once a nominating organization or self-nominee are registered and logged in, navigate to the Nominations Database page and then click on Make a New Nomination.
- Fill out a separate nomination form for each position for which you would like to nominate a candidate. If a nominating organization wishes to nominate the same candidate for 2 different positions, 2 separate nomination forms should be submitted.
- A nomination form may not be submitted unless all questions are fully answered.
- Each nomination form can be saved as a draft and completed at a later date if needed. Please use the Save as Draft option at the end of the Review page of the form. Note that a nomination form is saved automatically if you click on the Save button at the end of each section of the nomination form.
- A nominating organization or self-nominee may also save the nomination form as a PDF file and send it to a nominee to obtain additional information or for review. Please use the Save as a PDF option at the end of the Review page of the form.
- Once a nomination form is fully completed, a designated representative from a nominating organization or self-nominee may review and submit the nomination by using the Submit to IFAC option on the Review tab at the end of the Review page of the form. Once submitted, the nomination form is final and cannot be edited.
- If a nominating organization wishes to obtain information from a nominee before completing the online nomination form, it may use a portable Excel form located on the Nominations Database page. Once the nominee has filled out the Excel form, a designated representative from a nominating organization can easily upload it to the database and finalize the submission process.
- To manage your existing nominations, navigate to the Nominations Database page. There, you can see the list of nominations created with your username. You may edit or delete draft nominations before you submit them to IFAC.
- A single account for all nominations will provide a nominating organization with a complete overview of the nominations for this year and create a history of nominations for subsequent years.
- If a nominating organization is submitting multiple nominations, it can make copies of any nomination so there is no need to answer questions that apply to all candidates (for example, questions that relate to the nominating organization) multiple times.
- People from a nominating organization other than a designated representative, including nominees, will not have access to nominations created from your account. If you wish for a nominee or somebody in your organization to review information you have submitted, you will need to send them the nomination form(s) in PDF format.
Outcome of the Nominating Process
Finalizing decisions on appointments is a lengthy process as a result of the significant due process requirements. Therefore, it is possible that nominating organizations and self-nominees will not be notified of the outcome of your nominations until September. The Nominating Committee does not normally notify individuals of the outcome of the nominations process (with the exception of self-nominations), but rather defers to the nominating organizations in conveying the message to its nominees. In exceptional circumstances, the Nominating Committee may notify the nominee after consulting the nominating organization.