Professional Accountancy Organization Development Committee
Where accountancy flourishes, economies grow.
Realizing the power of professional accountancy organizations.
A robust and well-functioning accountancy profession, composed of competent and capable professionals supported by a strong professional accountancy organization (PAO), contributes significantly to the sustainability of small, medium, and large businesses; sound capital markets; effective stewardship of public finances and delivery of public services; and—ultimately—economic growth.
When PAOs function appropriately, they:
- act in the public interest;
- develop and produce capable and competent accountancy professionals;
- promote and enforce strong professional and ethical standards;
- act as a resource to government, regulators, and other stakeholders; and
- further the quality of financial management and reporting, which in turn:
- attracts foreign direct investment;
- promotes growth and development of the small- and medium-sized entities sector;
- enhances transparency and accountability in the use of resources in the public sector;
- improves the design and delivery of vital public services; and
- enhances the effectiveness and efficiency of official development assistance.
Alta Prinsloo, Executive Director, Strategy, and Chief Operating Officer
Linda Lach, Deputy Director, Strategy and Development