As a critical part of delivering IFAC’s vision for a global accountancy profession that is recognized as a valued leader in the development of strong and sustainable organizations, financial markets, and economies, IFAC addresses matters of importance to professional accountants in business (PAIBs), who represent more than 50% of the profession. A key activity is ensuring these accountants and their skills facilitate the success and sustainability of organizations.
Formed in 1977, the PAIB Committee is comprised of volunteers with experience and expertise in the world of business and the public sector, nominated by the professional accountancy organizations that make up IFAC’s membership.
As a strategic advisory body of professional accountants with extensive and diverse experiences, the PAIB Committee provides IFAC with:
- Strategic input on the most relevant business and accountancy issues that need to be addressed, and how to best do so;
- Direct input into IFAC initiatives, projects, and activities, thereby ensuring inclusion of perspectives and issues most relevant to professional accountants in business; and
- Outreach and stakeholder engagement both within and beyond IFAC
One of the key ways IFAC and the PAIB Committee support professional accountants in business is through the Global Knowledge Gateway. The Gateway is a global hub for accountancy news, views, resources, and though leadership from IFAC, our member organizations, and other notable groups and individuals.
The Gateway is a place for professional accountants to:
- Access resources from around the world;
- Learn about emerging areas of the profession;
- Stay connected to the most pressing accountancy issues and news of the day; and
- Interact by exchanging views, making recommendations, and sharing what they find with their own social networks.