About the PAIB Committee
Through the work of the Professional Accountants in Business (PAIB) Committee, IFAC seeks to achieve global recognition of professional accountants in business as organizational leaders and strategic partners in building long-term sustainable organizational success.
- Increasing awareness of the important roles professional accountants play in creating, enabling, preserving, and reporting value for organizations and their stakeholders; and
- Supporting IFAC member bodies in enhancing the competence of their members to fulfill these roles by facilitating the communication and sharing of good practices and ideas.
Key activities take the form of International Good Practice Guidance; information papers, special reports, and surveys; and forums involving interested parties and experts in key strategic interest areas. These materials are accessible using the links on the left menu bar.
Formed in 1977, the PAIB Committee is comprised of 18 volunteers with experience and expertise in the world of business and the public sector, nominated by the professional accountancy organizations that make up IFAC’s membership.
INTERNATIONAL GOOD PRACTICE GUIDANCE
- Preface to IFAC's International Good Practice Guidance
- Defining and Developing an Effective Code of Conduct for Organizations
- Evaluating and Improving Costing in Organizations
- Evaluating and Improving Governance in Organizations
- Evaluating and Improving Internal Control in Organizations
- Predictive Business Analytics: Improving Business Performance with Forward-Looking Measures
- Principles for Effective Business Reporting Processes
- Project and Investment Appraisal for Sustainable Value