About the PAIB Committee
As a critical part of delivering IFAC’s vision for a global accountancy profession that is recognized as a valued leader in the development of strong and sustainable organizations, financial markets, and economies, IFAC addresses matters of importance to professional accountants in business (PAIBs), who represent more than 50% of the profession. A key activity is ensuring these accountants and their skills facilitate the success and sustainability of organizations.
Formed in 1977, the PAIB Committee is comprised of 18 volunteers with experience and expertise in the world of business and the public sector, nominated by the professional accountancy organizations that make up IFAC’s membership.
As a strategic advisory body of professional accountants with extensive and diverse experiences, the PAIB Committee provides IFAC with:
- Strategic input on the most relevant business and accountancy issues that need to be addressed, and how to best do so;
- Direct input into IFAC initiatives, projects, and activities, thereby ensuring inclusion of perspectives and issues most relevant to professional accountants in business; and
- Outreach and stakeholder engagement both within and beyond IFAC
Key initiatives include International Good Practice Guidance, discussion papers, special reports, surveys, and forums involving experts in key strategic interest areas and well as contributions to the Global Knowledge Gateway.
INTERNATIONAL GOOD PRACTICE GUIDANCE
- Preface to IFAC's International Good Practice Guidance
- Defining and Developing an Effective Code of Conduct for Organizations
- Developing and Reporting Supplementary Financial Measures—Definition, Principles, and Disclosure
- Evaluating and Improving Costing in Organizations
- Evaluating and Improving Governance in Organizations
- Evaluating and Improving Internal Control in Organizations
- Predictive Business Analytics: Improving Business Performance with Forward-Looking Measures
- Principles for Effective Business Reporting Processes
- Project and Investment Appraisal for Sustainable Value