- International Standards on Auditing (ISAs);
- International Standards on Review Engagements (ISRE);
- International Standards on Assurance Engagements; and
- International Standards on Related Services.
- ISA 230 (Revised), Audit Documentation; and
- ISRE 2410, Review of Interim Financial Information Performed by the Independent Auditor of the Entity.
- It is fully searchable, so users can readily find the specific guidance they need.
- Its easy-to-use navigation enables users to minimize the time necessary to find relevant information.
- The handbook can be annotated by the user with a unique "Notes" feature, with all the annotations being transcribed automatically to newer editions.
- The publication is compressed and stays compressed, saving disk space and download time.
Press Releases/News Alerts
Apr 19, 2006
IFAC Releases 2006 Handbook of International Auditing, Assurance, and Ethics Pronouncements
The International Federation of Accountants' (IFAC's) 2006 Handbook of International Auditing, Assurance, and Ethics Pronouncementsis now available in print and in several electronic formats. It includes all pronouncements issued by the International Auditing and Assurance Standards Board (IAASB) and the International Ethics Standards Board for Accountants through December 31, 2005. The handbook includes the following IAASB pronouncements:
The 2006 handbook features the following new standards issued by the IAASB in 2005:
In addition, the handbook contains the revised Code of Ethics for Professional Accountants, issued by the International Ethics Standards Board for Accountants in June 2005. The updated Code establishes a conceptual framework for all professional accountants to ensure compliance with the five fundamental principles of professional ethics. These are integrity, objectivity, professional competence and due care, confidentiality, and professional behavior. The Code, which becomes effective June 30, 2006, applies to all professional accountants, including those in business and industry, public practice, the public sector, and academia. Two electronic versions of the 2006 handbook are available: a free PDF downloadable version and an online eComPress version. The eComPress version has features designed to make accessing the pronouncements more user-friendly.
Used offline, the eComPress version of the handbook is not reliant on the Web and requires no additional software as it comes complete with its own viewer and index. The eComPress version of the handbook can be securely purchased and is immediately downloadable from the IFAC website. Prices for the 2006 Handbook of International Auditing, Assurance, and Ethics Pronouncements are as follows: print - US $100 and eComPress download - US$50. A package discount of US$130 is available when you purchase both the print and eComPress download versions. Downloadable networked versions are also available. Shipping charges apply for printed materials. Visit the IFAC online bookstore at http://www.ifac.org/Store for more information or to place an order. You can also contact IFAC at +1 (212) 471-8722.
IFAC is the worldwide organization for the accountancy profession dedicated to serving the public interest by strengthening the profession and contributing to the development of strong international economies. IFAC's current membership consists of over 160 professional accountancy bodies in 120 countries, representing more than 2.5 million accountants in public practice, education, government service, industry and commerce. IFAC, through its independent standard-setting boards, sets international standards on ethics, auditing and assurance, education, and public sector accounting. It also issues guidance to encourage high-quality performance by professional accountants in business.