- Conducting project research with standard setters and IFAC member bodies from around the world;
- Drafting, editing and revising IAESB exposure drafts, standards, guidance and other publications;
- Arranging and participating in IAESB, IAESB Consultative Advisory Group (CAG), and IAESB project task force meetings; and
- Assisting the IAESB Chair and the Executive Director, Professional Standards, in responding to inquiries from the CAG, the Public Interest Oversight Board*, and others.
Press Releases/News Alerts
Dec 13, 2006
Find more news & events related to:
International Accounting Education Standards Board Seeks Technical Manager
The International Accounting Education Standards Board (IAESB), an independent standard-setting board within the International Federation of Accountants (IFAC), is seeking to fill a key technical manager position. The IAESB develops and issues, in the public interest, standards and guidance on the pre-qualification education, training and continuing professional development of all members of the accountancy profession. IFAC is the global organization for the accountancy profession, representing 155 members and associates in 118 countries worldwide. Key responsibilities of this technical manger role include the following:
The ideal candidate for this position will have a professionally recognized accounting degree or other relevant qualification. An excellent knowledge of accounting education issues is required, and experience in the standard-setting process is highly desirable. Excellent oral and written communication skills with fluency in written and spoken English and strong computer literacy are further qualifications. Knowledge of a language other than English is also desirable. The successful applicant will be located in IFAC's head office in New York. A complete job description, including additional information concerning preferred background and experience, is available on the IFAC website at http://www.ifac.org/JobsAtIFAC. Interested candidates should submit their résumé (cv) by January 31, 2007 to Dawn Tishkoff, IFAC Human Resources Manager (email@example.com).
About the IAESB and IFAC The IAESB, an independent standard-setting board within IFAC, develops standards and guidance on pre-qualification education, training, and continuing professional education and development for all members of the accountancy profession. The Public Interest Oversight Board oversees the activities of the IAESB and, as one element of that oversight, establishes the criteria for its due process and working procedures. IFAC is the worldwide organization for the accountancy profession dedicated to serving the public interest by strengthening the profession and contributing to the development of strong international economies. It is comprised of 155 members and associates in 118 countries, representing more than 2.5 million accountants in public practice, education, government service, industry and commerce. IFAC, through its independent standard-setting boards, sets international standards of ethics, auditing and assurance, education, and public sector accounting. It also issues guidance to encourage high quality performance by professional accountants in business.
* Note to Editors The Public Interest Oversight Board (PIOB) was formally established in February 2005 to oversee IFAC's auditing and assurance, ethics, and education standard-setting activities as well as the IFAC Member Body Compliance Program. The objective of the PIOB is to increase confidence of investors and others that such activities, including the setting of standards by the IAESB, are properly responsive to the public interest. PIOB members are nominated by international institutions and regulatory bodies.