Nov 24, 2017
Find more news & events related to:
2017 INCP-IFAC Regional SMP Forum
The Instituto Nacional de Contadores Públicos de Colombia (INCP), with IFAC’s support, will hold a Regional SMP Forum on November 24, 2017 to bring practitioners from small- and medium-sized accountancy practices (SMPs) together for a day-long seminar to focus on audit quality and how practitioners can build a successful practice.
When/Where? The event will be held November 24, 2017, at the Casa Dann Carlton Hotel in Bogota, Colombia
What? An international and regional line-up of subject matter experts will steer the forum and share important insights on pertinent areas of audit quality and practice management.
The line-up of speakers includes:
- Hugo Ospina INCP - CEO – President
- Jose Sanabria – KPMG Partner
- Cristobal Uribe – Amezquita Partner
- Wilmar Franco – CTCP
- Jorge Casteblanco – Crowe Horwarth Partner
- Jorge Pineiro – EY Partner
- Edgar Villamizar – Baker Tilly Partner
- Paola Vacca – BDO Marketing Director
- Monica Foerster – IFAC SMP Committee Chair
- Dawn McGeachy – IFAC SMP Committee Member
- Beverley Bahlmann – International Auditing and Assurance Standards Board Deputy Director
- Christopher Arnold – IFAC Head of SME/SMP and Research
Who Should Attend? The forum is open to accounting practitioners, as well as other professionals, who work directly or indirectly with SMP/SME affairs.
Why? The event will examine the structure of the ISA pronouncements and how they can be applied proportionately. Additionally, the forum will include a session on building a successful practice, including evolving to be future ready and building capacity to offer to advisory services. Both sessions will include an overview of relevant guidance, including the IFAC Guide to Practice Management.
See the INCP Forum page for more information.