Press Releases/News Alerts, News Alerts
Dec 11, 2017
Mr. José Besil Bardawil, President of Instituto Mexicano de Contadores Públicos (IMCP) and Mr. Agustín Aguilar Laurents, IMCP Vice President of International Affairs, were thanked by Chris Austin, IAESB Chair, for hosting the IAESB and CAG meetings.
Presentation from Mark Allison, Global Accounting Alliance
IAESB and IAESB Consultative Advisory Group Meetings in Mexico City
The International Accounting Education Standards Board (IAESB) and its Consultative Advisory Group (CAG) recently met in Mexico City, Mexico, hosted by the Instituto Mexicano de Contadores Públicos October 30 – November 3.
As well as enabling crossover and increased collaboration between the IAESB its CAG, a number of members also took part in a range of stakeholder engagement activities, which will help to further inform the IAESB’s work.
The CAG and Board agendas included opportunities for discussion and collaboration on a range of critically important issues for global accounting education, including:
- Initial discussion and analysis of comment letters on the Proposed International Education Standard (IES) 7, Continuing Professional Development (Revised);
- Review of a professional skepticism literature review and further discussions on the subject of behavioral competence;
- Approval for a new project proposal on information and communications technology;
- Initial consideration of broadening the existing target audience of the IESs;
- Exploration of issues associated with a potential project focusing on public sector accounting education;
- Consideration of the challenges facing the accounting profession in areas such as recruitment, retention, and relevance.
In addition, the IAESB welcomed a visit from Mark Allison, a former IAESB Chair, in his capacity as the Global Accounting Alliance Education Director’s Group Chair.
The outreach activities included:
- Accountancy Education Forum: Implementation Challenges
- Roundtable discussions on Information and Communications Technology skills
- Aspiring Professional Accountants Outreach event
The IAESB and CAG also discussed and agreed further activities to help improve implementation support and stakeholder engagement and communications.