Accountability. Now. is a global initiative to promote high-quality financial accounting and reporting by governments to improve transparency and help strengthen public sector financial management and accountability. Together, its partners challenge and support governments to improve the quality and transparency of their financial management.
The following initiatives aim to catalyze governments to change:
- Building a global coalition of organizations that support improved public sector transparency and accountability
- Helping public sector officials understand the benefits of sound financial accounting and reporting that meets international standards such as IPSAS®
- Developing partnerships with key decision makers who will take action to improve financial management in the public sector
- Building capacity by engaging national accountancy organizations to develop a pipeline of professional accountants who can work with public sector officials to facilitate change
This global conference to be held in Johannesburg, South Africa, February 14-15 will:
- Explore key global drivers for change in the public sector;
- Shine a light on the skills that both professional public sector accountants and organizations will need to continue to add value in a rapidly changing landscape; and
- Examine practical IPSASB implementation issues.
Taking Accountability.Now. to Supreme Audit Institutions: INCOSAI 2016
IFAC staff recently attended the International Congress of the International Organization of the Supreme Audit Institutions (INCOSAI) in Abu Dhabi.
Accountability. Now. is an initiative to encourage higher standards of public sector information around the world. It challenges governments to recognize the importance of working toward financial reporting that meets international standards known as IPSAS®. Learn about the campaign activities and more in this brochure.