Memorandum of Understanding to Strengthen Accountancy and Improve Collaboration
MOSAIC is a historic Memorandum of Understanding that sets out the basis for improving cooperation and collaboration between IFAC, international donors, and the international development community. With 13 signatories, it provides the foundation for an aligned approach to increase the capacity of PAOs and improve the quality of financial management systems in emerging economies.
MOSAIC was signed on November 30, 2011, in Busan, Korea at the Fourth High Level Forum on Aid Effectiveness, hosted by the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development and convened to review global progress in improving the impact and value of development aid and to commit to further ensure that aid reduces poverty and support progress towards the Millennium Development Goals.
- Professional Accountancy Organization Global Development Report
- Press release, Oct. 2013 - International Donor Initiative Releases Report Assessing Accountancy's Global Landscape
- Memorandum of Understanding to Strengthen Accountancy and Improve Collaboration, signed Nov. 2011
- Press release, Nov. 2011
- List of Signatories
- Remarks from IFAC Deputy President Warren Allen, Nov. 2011
- Inaugural Steering Committee presentation, Feb. 2012
- The MOSAIC Steering Committee has released the Professional Accountancy Organization (PAO) Global Development Report. The report, co-financed by the African Development Bank, Asian Development Bank, Inter-American Development Bank, and the World Bank, was created to provide an assessment of professional accountancy organization (PAO) development at the global, regional, and national levels. Through its 10 key findings, the report establishes the success factors and challenges associated with building a strong, sustainable accountancy profession supported by an effective PAO.
- The MOSAIC Steering Committee held its second meeting in London, UK, in October 2012.
- MOSAIC has welcomed two new signatories—the Australian Agency for International Development (AusAID) and The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis, and Malaria. Please see the press release for further details.
- On September 20, 2012, the Australian Agency for International Development (AusAID) joined the MOSAIC initiative and formally signed the MOSAIC agreement. MOSAIC signatory organizations warmly welcome the addition of AusAID and look forward to working together collaboratively with the organization to strengthen the capacity of PAOs around the world and their contribution to financial sector development, economic growth, and the aid effectiveness agenda.
- The Inter-American Development Bank, World Bank, African Development Bank, and Asian Development Bank have come together to support the development of the Professional Accountancy Organization Global Development Report as one of the first deliverables of the MOSAIC agreement.
- The inaugural MOSAIC steering committee meeting was held in February 2012 in India.
- On November 30 in Busan, Korea, IFAC and the international donor and development community signed MOSAIC at the Fourth High Level Forum on Aid Effectiveness, hosted by the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development and convened to review global progress in improving the impact and value of development aid and to commit to further ensure that aid reduces poverty and support progress towards the Millennium Development Goals.
- African Development Bank
- Asian Development Bank
- Australian Agency for International Development (new) (AusAID)
- Finland Ministry of Foreign Affairs - Development Cooperation (FINNIDA)
- GAVI Alliance
- Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis, and Malaria
- Inter-American Development Bank
- International Federation of Accountants
- New Zealand Aid Programme (NZAid)
- Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (SIDA)
- UK Department for International Development (DFID)
- US Agency for International Development (USAID)
- World Bank