Home Auditing & Assurance Meetings IAASB Observer Guidelines
IAASB Observer Guidelines
- Meetings of the IAASB are held at various locations around the world. The number of seats that can be made available for public observers may be limited depending on the location. For this reason, we ask those who wish to attend to complete and return the registration form to the IAASB as soon as possible.
- Observers are asked to sign in on arrival at the meeting. Your badge will be given to you then. IAASB staff will admit people who have not given advance notification only if space permits.
- Delegations of more than two people from the same organization (including global affiliates) attending the same session will be admitted only at the discretion of IAASB staff and only if space permits.
- The meeting agenda and timetable for individual agenda items will be posted in advance of the meeting on the IAASB web site (www.iaasb.org). Observers are encouraged to check the web site shortly before the meeting for last-minute changes. IAASB cannot accept any responsibility for losses or inconvenience caused by changes to timing or difficulties in accommodating members of the public.
- Board agendas are divided into items open to the public and items (generally dealing with administrative or personnel matters) to be discussed in a private, closed session.
- Board deliberations are conducted in English without translation into any other language.
- Observers may download Board agendas and background papers from the web site (www.iaasb.org). Papers available through the IAASB web site will not be distributed at the meeting. Also, papers distributed at the meeting may not be distributed to observers. However, where appropriate, they will be posted on IFAC's web site and made available to the public after the meeting.
- Observers are asked not to participate in discussion at the meetings and not to take photographs or operate mobile phones, video cameras, or tape recorders in the meeting room.
- Observers are asked to remain in the public seating area and not to enter the Board seating area.
- Smoking is not permitted in the Board meeting room.
- If demand exists, IAASB may provide facilities for listening to Board meetings by telephone, at the listener's expense. Any arrangements that are made will be announced on the IAASB web site.
- IAASB is not able to invite visitors to join Board Members for lunch or for dinner. Observers are requested not to bring food into the Boardroom.
- IAASB does not make hotel arrangements for observers.
- IAASB does not have telephone, fax, or copying facilities available for observers.
LATEST PUBLICATIONS & RESOURCES