Building Resilience: Climate Change: Global leadership, local action
Co-hosted by ICAEW, Chartered Accountants Worldwide, and One Young World
Date: Tuesday April 27, 2021 | Time: 12:00PM 1:30PM EDT (COMPLETED)
About the event
The world’s climate conversations are ramping up towards the critical COP26 Climate meeting taking place in November 2021. Whilst the coronavirus pandemic has paused many key climate initiatives it has not dampened the ambitions or lessened the severity of the climate crisis the world faces. The challenges presented by the climate crisis are often acutely local in focus, but the leadership required to tackle them is global. How can young leaders in business and finance help connect the two?
In this session we will hear from Anne-Marie Trevelyan an ICAEW Chartered Accountant, Member of the UK Parliament and Champion on Adaptation and Resilience for the COP26 Presidency. She will outline the global ambition and action required to support countries on the frontline of climate change to adapt to its impacts and build resilience.
The conversation will then focus on how young leaders in business and finance can help connect the local and global when it comes to climate change.
- Jolyon Layard Horfsall, CEO TotemFi, CFO Happy Space UK, Co-Chair of FinBiz 2030 Taskforce
- Emma Bell, Founder of Beyond the Balance and Manifesto Maker, Co-Chair of FinBiz 2030 Taskforce
Rt Hon Anne-Marie Trevelyan MP, UK International Champion on Adaptation and Resilience for the COP26 Presidency and Minister of State (Minister for Business, Energy and Clean Growth)
- Kate Robertson, Co-Founder of One Young World
- Michael Izza, CEO, ICAEW and Chairman, Chartered Accountants Worldwide
Young Climate Leaders:
- Ravi Abeywardana, Technical Director, CDSB
- Angelique Pouponneau, CEO, Seychelles Conservation and Climate Adaptation Trust
- Jessica Bingham, Auditor, National Audit Office