Newsletters & eNews
IAESB eNews, July 2017
- New Series: IAESB Personal Perspectives
- Join the ICT Skills Conversation
- Continuing Professional Development Exposure Draft
- Upcoming: Joint Professional Skepticism Publication
- New Video: Importance of Accountancy Education Entry Requirements
- Upcoming Dates
1. New Series: IAESB Personal Perspectives
The first in a new thought leadership series has been published. The IAESB Personal Perspectives share the insights from board members and technical advisors on some of the challenges affecting aspiring professional accountants and the importance of effective accountancy learning and development. The first Perspective is from Greg Owens, IAESB member and Global Assurance Director at BDO’s global office.
2. Join the ICT Skills Conversation
The IAESB has issued a stakeholder survey as part of its exploration of mega trends and their impact on professional accountants’ Information and Communications Technology (ICT) skills. Take advantage of this great opportunity to influence how the accountancy profession addresses ICT skills by completing a brief, 10-minute survey before July 27. All responses will be kept confidential.
3. Continuing Professional Development Exposure Draft
Proposed International Education Standard 7, Continuing Professional Development (Revised), places greater emphasis on learning and development directly related to an accountant’s professional responsibilities rather than simply focusing on a minimum number of hours of continuing professional development. Comment deadline: September 5, 2017
4. Upcoming: Joint Professional Skepticism Publication
Following a 24-month initiative, a joint Professional Skepticism Working Group will release its observations on the importance of professional skepticism to the accountancy profession. The observations also include the role each standard-setting board plays in enhancing professional skepticism and board efforts to be undertaken. The Professional Skepticism Working Group is comprised of representatives from the International Auditing and Assurance Standards Board (IAASB), International Ethics Standards Board for Accountants (IESBA), and the IAESB. IAESB subscribers will be notified when the observations are published in a few weeks.
5. New Video: Importance of Accountancy Education Entry Requirements
A new video with IAESB member Prof. Elizabeth Gammie addresses why entry requirements to professional accountancy education program are paramount, including considerations, relevant factors, and how professional accountancy organizations can help those considering an accountancy career.
6. Upcoming Dates
- September 5, 2017: Comment Period for Revised IES 7 closes
- October 30-31, 2017: IAESB Consultative Advisory Group meeting, Mexico City, Mexico
- October 31, 2017: IAESB- Instituto Mexicano de Contadores Públicos Accountancy Education Forum, Mexico City, Mexico
- November 1-3, 2017: IAESB meeting, Mexico City, Mexico