Newsletters & eNews
IAESB eNews, September2017
Welcome to the International Accountancy Education Standards Board eNews
- September 19: Deadline for IES 7 Comments
- New IAESB Personal Perspective: Embracing New Generations in the Workplace
- Enhancing Professional Skepticism: Joint Publication on Professional Skepticism
- Accountancy Education Forum: Implementation Challenges
- Dr. Utama Discusses Communications, Technology Skills at ACCA Regional Education Conference
- Understanding the IAESB: Spanish and Indonesian-Language Videos Available
1. September 19: Deadline for IES 7 Comments
The deadline to comment on the proposed revision of International Education Standard (IES) 7, Continuing Professional Development, is upcoming: September 19, 2017 (extended from September 5). The proposed revision places greater emphasis on learning and development directly related to an accountant’s professional responsibilities rather than simply focusing on a minimum number of hours of continuing professional development.
2. New IAESB Personal Perspective: Embracing New Generations in the Workplace
In the latest IAESB Personal Perspective, IAESB Member Rachel Banfield and Technical Advisor Suzie Webb share their thoughts on innovation and embracing the skills, interests and talents of each generation. The series shares insights on some of the challenges affecting accountancy learning and development.
3. Enhancing Professional Skepticism: Joint Publication on Professional Skepticism
Along with the global standard-setting boards for auditing and accounting ethics, the IAESB has released a new publication showcasing observations and potential ways to enhance professional skepticism. Toward Enhanced Professional Skepticism outlines observations about the current environment and sets out actions the global standard-setting boards will take, as well as the role that other stakeholders can play, in enhancing professional skepticism.
Read Now »
4. Accountancy Education Forum: Implementation Challenges
The Overcoming Challenges in Implementing Professional Accountancy Education conference, hosted by the Instituto Mexicano de Contadores Públicos and the IAESB, will be held October 31 in Mexico City. The event brings together international accountancy, education, and professional accountancy organizations leaders from Mexico and Latin America to discuss a wide range of issues, including regulation, educational content, and best practices in providing accounting education for professional accountants and auditors.
5. Dr. Utama Discusses Communications, Technology Skills at ACCA Regional Education Conference
IAESB Member Dr. Sidharta Utama discussed IAESB initiatives on developing professional accountants’ information and communications technology skills and competency during the September 2017 Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) Regional Education Conference in Singapore (see Dr. Utama’s presentation). Dr. Utama. Other speakers explored the global accountancy landscape, future professional accountants’ skillsets and cutting-edge innovations that professional accountancy organizations need to implement to stay relevant and keep pace with a highly dynamic and increasingly connected environment.
6. Understanding the IAESB: Spanish and Indonesian-Language Videos Available
New videos on the IAESB’s role are now available in Spanish and Indonesian. In their native languages, IAESB Member Prof. Blanca Tapia and Technical Advisor Prof. Sylvia Meljem (Spanish) and IAESB Member Prof. Sidharta Utama and Technical Advisor Prof. Lindawati Gani (Indonesian) discuss the board’s background, vision and role in the accountancy profession.