Press Releases/News Alerts, News Alerts
Jun 11, 2018
IAESB and IAESB Consultative Advisory Group Meetings in Nairobi, Kenya
The International Accounting Education Standards Board (IAESB) and IAESB Consultative Advisory Group (CAG) met in Nairobi, Kenya, April 16-20. The meetings and related activities were hosted by the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya and the Kenya Accountants and Secretaries National Examinations Board. In addition to the meetings, a number of IAESB and CAG members also participated in stakeholder engagement activities designed to inform the IAESB’s work.
The IAESB and CAG agendas included opportunities for discussion and collaboration on a range of important issues for global accounting education, including:
- Detailed discussion and analysis of responses and significant issues raised on the proposed International Education Standard (IES) 7, Continuing Professional Development (Revised);
- Approval of a new information and communications technology project proposal;
- Professional skepticism thought leadership articles and a draft IAESB consultation paper;
- Behavioral competence and potential integration with professional skepticism and/or information communications and technology initiatives;
- Implementation support and stakeholder engagement and communications;
- Discussion of a public sector accounting education project; and
- Update from the IFAC Compliance Advisory Panel, which will inform the IAESB’s planned post-effective date implementation review.
While in Kenya, the IAESB and CAG also held a Forum and roundtable and met with young accountants and students. For additional details on these activities, please see below.
- IAESB Accounting Education Forum: Lessons from East Africa
- IAESB Roundtables in Kenya: Information and Communications Technology
- IAESB Young Professionals Panel in Kenya