Newsletters & eNews
Jan 24, 2019
New York, New York
Find more news & events related to:
IAESB eNews January 2019
- Anne-Marie Vitale Appointed IAESB Chair
- Four Years with the IAESB: Farewell Video from Former Chair Chris Austin
- Exposure Draft Reminder: Comment by March 4
- IAESB Exposure Draft Video Insights
- Accounting Education Resources: New Discussion Available
- IFAC Webinar: A Future Model to Advance International Accountancy Education
- Upcoming Dates
1. Anne-Marie Vitale Appointed IAESB Chair
Anne-Marie Vitale has been appointed IAESB chair effective January 1, 2019. Ms. Vitale now leads the IAESB in its efforts to complete top priority projects. Ms. Vitale has more than 25 years’ experience serving emerging, private and multinational companies across sectors, including her current role in PwC’s Office of the General Counsel in a forensic capacity.
Learn more »
2. Four Years with the IAESB: Farewell Video from Former Chair Chris Austin
In a video filmed before he stepped down at the end of 2018, Former IAESB Chair Chris Austin reflects on his time as chair and IAESB progress. Specifically, Mr. Austin outlines achievements from the strategy and work plan: focusing on dynamic standards development, refreshing implementation resources, and stakeholder engagement and communications.
Watch the video »
3. Exposure Draft Reminder: Comment by March 4
Following extensive outreach and deliberations, the IAESB released an exposure draft proposing changes to multiple International Education Standards to ensure that learning outcomes reflect the demand for improved skills in professional skepticism and information and communications technology.
Submit a comment now »
4. IAESB Exposure Draft Video Insights
To further explain the recent IAESB exposure draft, the IAESB filmed multiple videos detailing different aspects of the ED, and the importance of receiving stakeholder feedback. Former IAESB Chair Chris Austin explains the ED’s purpose; current IAESB Chair Anne-Marie Vitale details the importance of developing a profession equipped with information and communications technology skills; and IAESB Technical Advisor and Former Member David Simko describes the importance of enhancing professional skepticism for all professional accountants.
Watch Chris’ video »
Watch Anne-Marie’s video »
Watch David’s video »
5. Accounting Education Resources: New Discussion Available
In a recent video discussion, IAESB Members Susan Flis and Bruce Behn spoke with a panel of academics about the importance of including professional skepticism throughout accountants’ initial professional development curriculum.
Listen to the discussion »
In addition, the IAESB published several education insight articles as resources to IAESB stakeholders. These subject-specific articles support the IAESB’s work and focus on information and communications technologies and professional skepticism.
Access Insights and other resources »
6. IFAC Webinar: A Future Model to Advance International Accountancy Education
As an update to the announcement that IFAC and the IAESB have developed a plan for a new path forward for global accountancy education and professional development, IFAC recently held a webinar update. The webinar shared planning to date and provided an outline of the model prior to approval and implementation later in 2019. The plan will transition the IAESB to a new model that will be designed, as part of a broader mandate, to reinforce the importance, relevance and authority of the International Education Standards, which will continue to be the basis for a comprehensive and integrated approach to international accountancy education.
Watch the webinar »
7. Upcoming Dates
- April 8-9, IAESB Consultative Advisory Group Meeting, Bali, Indonesia
- April 9-11, IAESB Meeting, Bali, Indonesia
- April 11-12, Indonesian Institute of Accountants – ASEAN Federation of Accountants – IAESB International Conference, Bali, Indonesia
- June 24-26, IAESB Meeting, Toronto, Canada