Newsletters & eNews
May 16, 2019
New York, New York
Find more news & events related to:
IAESB eNews: May 2019
- IAESB & IAESB Consultative Advisory Group Meet in Indonesia
- IAI-AFA-IAESB International Conference 2019
- Talking Education with Students in Indonesia
- Future Model to Advance Accountancy Education: Second Webinar Available
- Reminder: Call for Multi-stakeholder Database Recommendations
- Contaduría Pública Focuses on Accounting Education
- Upcoming Dates:
1. IAESB & IAESB Consultative Advisory Group Meet in Indonesia
At the invitation of the Institute of Indonesia Chartered Accountants, the IAESB and IAESB Consultative Advisory Group (CAG) met in Bali, Indonesia, April 8-11. Their agendas included discussions and collaboration on a range of topics that are critically important to global accounting education, including proposed International Education Standards revisions and planning for the new model for international accountancy education.
Read More »
2. IAI-AFA-IAESB International Conference 2019
An accounting education conference focused on competencies for the future, co-hosted by Ikatan Akuntan Indonesia, the ASEAN Federation of Accountants, and the IAESB was also held in Bali. The two-day conference focused on future competencies for the disruption era from the perspectives of Southeast-Asian professional accountancy organizations. IAESB members and technical advisors gave several presentations and speeches on information and communications technology, professional skepticism, and the value of continuing professional development.
Read More »
3. Talking Education with Students in Indonesia
While in Bali, IFAC President In-Ki Joo and IAESB and CAG members and technical advisors had the opportunity to meet with local accounting students and faculty. The students were keen to learn more about the opportunities an accounting career provides, the skills needed to become a professional accountant, and the importance of professional certification.
Read More »
4. Future Model to Advance Accountancy Education: Second Webinar Available
IFAC recently held a second webinar to update stakeholders on the plan for a new path forward for international accountancy education. The webinar built upon previous webinars and results from its follow up survey, which indicated strong support for the new model.
Watch the Webinar »
5. Reminder: Call for Multi-stakeholder Database Recommendations
IFAC recently put out a call requesting assistance in developing a rich multi-stakeholder database to support the implementation of the engagement framework. Your input is requested by June 7, 2019.
Learn More & Submit a Recommendation »
6. Contaduría Pública Focuses on Accounting Education
The April 2019 issue of Contaduría Pública magazine, published by the Instituto Mexicano de Contadores Públicos, focuses on the topic of accounting education, specifically on the International Education Standards. This is the result of an important project coordinated between the IAESB, National Association of Accounting and Management Universities and School, and IMCP to interpret and translate the IES into Spanish.
Access Now »
7. Upcoming Dates:
- May 30, IAESB CAG teleconference
- June 6, IAESB teleconference
- June 24-26, IAESB Meeting, Toronto, Canada