May 15, 2019
Find more news & events related to:
Talking Education with Students in Indonesia
Just after the April IAESB meeting, board representatives participated in a panel discussion with accounting students and faculty from local universities in Bali, where the IAESB meeting was held.
The panel discussion covered timely and relevant topics for the future accountancy professionals and provided insights to the profession around the world. Topics covered included:
- the skills employers seek when hiring accountants;
- requirements for professional accountant in different countries;
- tips for staying current in an ever-changing professional environment;
- practical experience and its value;
- technology’s impact on the accountancy profession; and
- career opportunities, challenges, and advice
The discussion also included questions and answers session. Students were particularly interested in how the profession is changing and the implications for them and their careers. Audience members also shared their experiences preparing for a career in accountancy and the challenges they face. The discussion provided both speakers and attendees with insights for the global profession.
The panelists brought differing professional backgrounds and perspectives to the conversation, including from academia, regulation and public practice. They included:
- IFAC President In-Ki Joo;
- IAESB Chair Anne-Marie Vitale;
- IAESB Consultative Advisory Group Chair Ray Johnson; and
- IAESB Technical Advisor Sarah Hamlin.
IAESB Member Dr. Sidharta Utama moderated the panel.
The IAESB was honored to participate in this event and interact with young professionals, accounting students and academics in Bali.