The Task-Based Group consists of: Aracelly Mendez, Angela Ryan, Fabienne Colignon, and Martin Koehler.
Objective(s) of project
The aim of the project is to develop a standard(s) that provides requirements applicable to both administrators and participants in Emissions Trading Schemes (ETS).
This project will consider issues related to ETS from the perspective of both administrators and participants.
The IPSASB does not have a standard on Emissions Trading Schemes. This project is consistent with the IPSASBs strategic priority of developing requirements and guidance on both public sector specific issues (administrators) and IFRS convergence (participants).
Issues the project will consider include (but are not limited to):
- Scope of the schemes covered by the project
- At what point do present obligations and liabilities arise for administrators
- When do assets arise for administrators and participants
- How should assets be measured
- How should administrators account for permits/allowances that are auctioned
- What disclosures should be required