Exposure Drafts and Consultation Papers
Published: Nov 15, 2018
Comments due by:
Mar 15, 2019
All available Translations
Proposed International Standard on Related Services 4400 (Revised), Agreed-Upon Procedures Engagements
The International Auditing and Assurance Standards Board (IAASB) seeks public comment by March 15, 2019 on its Exposure Draft of proposed ISRS 4400 (Revised), Agreed-Upon Procedures Engagements.
Agreed-upon procedures (AUP) engagements are widely used in many jurisdictions and the demand for these engagements continues to grow. To ensure that the IAASB’s standard on AUP engagements remains relevant in the current business environment, the IAASB proposes to enhance key concepts in the standard, including:
- The role of professional judgment in an AUP engagement.
- Disclosures relating to the practitioner’s independence or lack thereof.
- Guidance on appropriate or inappropriate terminology to describe procedures and findings in AUP reports.
- The use of a practitioner’s expert in an AUP engagement.
- Restrictions on the distribution and use of the AUP report.
Copyright © 2019 The International Federation of Accountants (IFAC). All rights reserved.