- Ibero-American Cooperation Progresses Spanish Translations
- Russian Speakers, Standard Setters Convene on Adoption of International Standards
- Newly Available Translations: January–May 2013
- What to Watch for—French PAO Development Committee “Toolkit”
- SMP Quick Poll—Open in 16 Languages
- Copyright Statements Revised; See Updated T&P Policy Statements
- Bulgarian—Good Practice Checklist for Small Business (2012)
- Chinese—Global Leadership Survey (2011, 2012)
- Czech—Handbook of the Code of Ethics for Professional Accountants (2012)
- Danish—International Standard on Assurance Engagements (ISAE) 3402, Assurance Reports on Controls at a Service Organization (2009); International Standard on Review Engagements 2400, Engagements to Review Historical Financial Statements (2012); International Standard on Auditing (ISA) 610 (Revised), Using the Work of Internal Auditors (2012); ISA 315 (Revised), Identifying and Assessing the Risks of Material Misstatement through Understanding the Entity and Its Environment (2012)
- Dutch—ISAE 3402, Assurance Reports on Controls at a Service Organization (2009); Guide to Practice Management for Small- and Medium-Sized Practices, Third Edition (2012)
- French—Guide to Using International Standards on Auditing in the Audits of Small- and Medium-Sized Entities (2012)
- German—Tomorrow’s Firm and the Role of Value Pricing: IFAC Interview with Ronald J. Baker (2013)
- Hungarian—Handbook of the Code of Ethics for Professional Accountants (2010), “Integrating Governance throughout an Organization Helps Achieve Sustainable Success” (2011)
- Korean—The Role of Ethics in Restoring Confidence: Interview with International Ethics Standards Board for Accountants (IESBA) Chair Jörgen Holmquist (2013)
- Latvian—Guide to Quality Control for Small- and Medium-Sized Practices (2011)
- Lithuanian—Guide to Using International Standards on Auditing in the Audits of Small- and Medium-Sized Entities, Third Edition (2011)
- Polish—International Standard on Review Engagements (ISRE) 2410, Review of Interim Financial Information Performed by the Independent Auditor of the Entity (2012)
- Romanian—Competent and Versatile: How Professional Accountants in Business Drive Sustainable Success (2011), International Good Practice Guidance: Principles for Effective Business Reporting Processes (2013), Handbook of International Quality Control, Auditing, Review, Other Assurance, and Related Services Pronouncements (2012)
- Russian—Handbook of International Public Sector Accounting Pronouncements (2011)
- Serbian—Guide to Quality Control for Small- and Medium-Sized Practices, Third Edition (2011), Handbook of the Code of Ethics for Professional Accountants (2012)
- Spanish—Guide to Practice Management for Small- and Medium-Sized Practices (2011), International Auditing and Assurance Standards Board eNews March 2013 (2013),March Global Digest (2013), April Global Digest (2013), IFAC Update March 2013 (2013), IFAC Update April 2013 (2013), IESBA eNews April 2013 (2013), SMP eNews April 2013 (2013), International Public Sector Accounting Standards Board eNews April 2013 (2013)
- Swedish—Guide to Practice Management for Small- and Medium-Sized Practices (2011), Guide to Using International Standards on Auditing in the Audits of Small- and Medium-Sized Entities, Third Edition - Volume 2 (2011)
- Turkish—Handbook of International Quality Control, Auditing Review, Other Assurance, and Related Services Pronouncements (2012), Handbook of the Code of Ethics For Professional Accountants (2012), IFAC SMP Quick Poll: 2012 Round-Up (2013)
- Vietnamese—Handbook of International Standards on Auditing and Quality Control (2009)
Newsletters & eNews
Jun 11, 2013
New York, New York
Find more news & events related to:
adoption and implementation
Translations & Permissions eNews: Ibero-American Cooperation Progresses Spanish Translations
Welcome to IFAC's Translations and Permissions eNews.
In This Issue:
In October 2012, IFAC and its member bodies in Spain, Mexico, and Argentina formally agreed to establish an Ibero-American Cooperation Framework to collaborate on a long-term, sustainable process for achieving a single, Spanish translation of international standards and IFAC publications (the “IberAm project”). In February, the IberAm project’s Executive Committee held an inaugural meeting to agree on an annual translations plan, formulated following a gap analysis to see what publications had not yet been translated into Spanish.
The Executive Committee also appointed a chair of the Review Committee. Spanish-speaking IFAC member bodies have been invited to nominate candidates from among their membership to fill the five remaining open positions on the Review Committee. Qualified candidates will have sufficient experience in translation and applying international standards, and be well respected both within and outside of the profession. Nominations should be emailed to email@example.com to the attention of D. Bruno Mayoral. The successful candidates will be appointed and announced in late July.
Under the agreed plan, a Spanish translation of existing standards will be completed by the end of 2013; this includes the International Standards on Auditing and other standards issued by the International Auditing and Assurance Standards Board (IAASB); the Code of Ethics for Professional Accountants; International Education Standards; and International Public Sector Accounting Standards. The 2013 IAASB Handbook is expected to be released in July 2013; under the plan, the goal is to have the Spanish translation available within approximately six months of the English release.
To this end, the three IFAC member bodies have also procured translation memory software as a collaborative tool to help ensure the quality and consistency of the translations and to assist in reducing translation costs. With the software, it is not necessary to translate the same phrase twice. For more information on the advantages of translation memory software, especially as it relates to translation of the international standards and IFAC publications, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition, Instituto Nacional de Contadores Públicos (INCP) – Colombia has agreed to translate IFAC news items into Spanish. See the Spanish News & Events pages to access translated newsletters and press releases. Translations of IFAC Update and Global Digest are available to member designees in the password-protected IFAC Extranet. For more information on Spanish-language or other translations, please visit the IFAC Translations Database.
Representatives from former Soviet republics in Europe and Central Asia gathered last month in London with IFAC, the International Auditing and Assurance Standards Board (IAASB), and the International Accounting Standards Board (IASB) to foster dialogue and cooperation in relation to the development, adoption, and implementation of international standards, in the context of relevant regulatory frameworks.
The two-day conference, hosted by the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants, included meetings with national professional accountancy organizations and the three organizing bodies regarding experiences with the application of International Financial Reporting Standards, adoption and implementation of International Standards on Auditing (ISAs), and quality assurance requirements. The translation of IAASB and IASB pronouncements into Russian and other languages on an ongoing basis was also a significant topic of discussion.
Access these and additional translations in IFAC’s Translations Database. Check back regularly for updates.
Establishing and Developing a Professional Accountancy Body covers the roles and responsibilities of a professional accountancy organization, education and examinations, and capacity development; Tools and Resources to Support the Development of the Accounting Profession includes case studies, practical illustrations, and supplementary guidance. Together they form the Professional Accountancy Organization (PAO) Development Committee “Toolkit,” developed to support PAOs in expanding and strengthening their role and responsibilities. Ordre des Experts Comptables de Tunisie is currently translating the nearly 300-page set into French. Look for access to the completed translation by year end in the Translations Database.
Are you a practitioner operating in a small- or medium-sized practice (SMP)? Then take the IFAC SMP Quick Poll. This edition of the poll is being conducted in 16 languages—English, Arabic, Chinese, Dutch/Flemish, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, and Turkish—thanks to the generous translation support of IFAC member bodies. The poll should take only three minutes to complete and is being conducted semi-annually by IFAC in 2013 to take a snapshot of the key issues confronting SMPs and their small- and medium-sized entity (SME) clients. Polling will close on June 21, 2013. Look for the results in the next issue of the SMP eNews (register and subscribe here).
IFAC’s Translations & Permissions (T&P) Policies, Policy for Translating and Reproducing Standards Published by the International Federation of Accountants and Policy for Reproducing, or Translating and Reproducing, Publications of the International Federation of Accountants, have been updated to reflect our new copyright statement. Please visit the IFAC website to download the newest forms when requesting permission to translate and reproduce IFAC publications. Requesting permission should be done prior to commencing any translation work, as it helps ensure proper authorization and assistance from IFAC and helps to avoid duplication of effort and resources. Guidelines are also available for use of IFAC graphics and logos on translated publications. If you have any questions, see our FAQs or email email@example.com.