Professional Accountants in Business
Professional accountants in business are a very diverse constituency who work in commerce, industry, financial services, education, and the public and not-for-profit sectors and can be employees, consultants, or owners. Many are in a position of strategic or functional leadership or otherwise well-placed to collaborate with colleagues in other disciplines to help drive their organizations’ long-term sustainable success.
Professional accountants support their organizations in a wide range of job functions at various levels, including leadership and management; operational; management accounting and control; and accounting and stakeholder communications.
The key roles and expected areas of competency of professional accountants in business are highlighted in Competent and Versatile: How Professional Accountants in Business Drive Sustainable Organizational Success and an accompanying employer-focused brochure.
International Framework: Good Governance in the Public Sector
Developed by IFAC and the Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy (CIPFA), the Framework helps improve and support effective public sector governance and management of public sector organizations through improved decision making and the efficient use of resources. Enhanced stakeholder engagement, robust scrutiny, and oversight of those charged with primary responsibility for determining an entity’s strategic direction, operations, and accountability leads to more effective interventions and better outcomes for the public at large.
The Role and Expectations of a CFO: A Global Debate on Preparing Accountants for Finance Leadership
A global debate among professional accountancy organizations, employers of professional accountants, and other stakeholders on the key implications of the changing expectations of CFOs for the education, training, and development of professional accountants.
PAIB COMMITTEE eNEWS
Focuses on IFAC's initiatives to support professional accountants in business.
The PAIB has six key interest areas:
- Roles, Domain, and Competences of PAIBs
- Governance and Ethics
- Sustainability and Corporate Responsibility
- Risk Management and Control
- Financial and Performance Management
- Business Reporting
INTERNATIONAL GOOD PRACTICE GUIDANCE
- Preface to IFAC's International Good Practice Guidance
- Defining and Developing an Effective Code of Conduct for Organizations
- Developing and Reporting Supplementary Financial Measures—Definition, Principles, and Disclosure
- Evaluating and Improving Costing in Organizations
- Evaluating and Improving Governance in Organizations
- Evaluating and Improving Internal Control in Organizations
- Predictive Business Analytics: Improving Business Performance with Forward-Looking Measures
- Principles for Effective Business Reporting Processes
- Project and Investment Appraisal for Sustainable Value
RECENT PROFESSIONAL ACCOUNTANTS IN BUSINESS RESOURCES