Professional Accountants in Business
Professional accountants in business are diverse, working in commerce, industry, financial services, education, and the public and not-for-profit sectors as employees or advisers. Many are in a position of strategic or functional leadership or otherwise well-placed to collaborate with colleagues in other disciplines and help drive their organizations’ sustainable success.
Professional accountants support their organizations in a wide range of job functions, including leadership and management; operational; management accounting and control; and accounting and stakeholder communications.
Global Knowledge Gateway
Have you visited the Global Knowledge Gateway, your portal to global accountancy knowledge, resources, and news? The Gateway is a digital hub hosted by IFAC for the global accountancy profession providing a streamlined access to key resources, news, views, discussions, and thought leadership from around the world. Topics include: business reporting, ethics, financial leadership & development, governance, performance & financial management, sustainability, and risk management and internal control.
International Framework: Good Governance in the Public Sector
Developed by IFAC and the Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy (CIPFA), the Framework helps improve and support effective public sector governance and management of public sector organizations through improved decision making and the efficient use of resources. Enhanced stakeholder engagement, robust scrutiny, and oversight of those charged with primary responsibility for determining an entity’s strategic direction, operations, and accountability leads to more effective interventions and better outcomes for the public at large.
The Role and Expectations of a CFO: A Global Debate on Preparing Accountants for Finance Leadership
A global debate among professional accountancy organizations, employers of professional accountants, and other stakeholders on the key implications of the changing expectations of CFOs for the education, training, and development of professional accountants.
INTERNATIONAL GOOD PRACTICE GUIDANCE
- Preface to IFAC's International Good Practice Guidance
- Defining and Developing an Effective Code of Conduct for Organizations
- Developing and Reporting Supplementary Financial Measures—Definition, Principles, and Disclosure
- Evaluating and Improving Costing in Organizations
- Evaluating and Improving Governance in Organizations
- Evaluating and Improving Internal Control in Organizations
- Predictive Business Analytics: Improving Business Performance with Forward-Looking Measures
- Principles for Effective Business Reporting Processes
- Project and Investment Appraisal for Sustainable Value
RECENT PROFESSIONAL ACCOUNTANTS IN BUSINESS RESOURCES