Building Trust & Ethics
IFAC SMP Committee Comment Letter to the IESBA Professional Skepticism Consultation
Aug 15, 2018 | Comment Letters
The SMP Committee supports the concept that professional skepticism should be applicable to all professional accountants and supports IESBA in giving greater consideration to the characteristics which should be expected of all professional accountants when complying with the fundamental principles. However, the term professional skepticism, as currently conceptualized by IAASB, is not suitable to be applied by all professional accountants. The SMP Committee believes that rather than debating the terminology, it is more important to focus on the characteristic that should and can be expected of a diligent accountant who follows all the fundamental principles. In this respect, more application guidance would be welcomed to drive behavior change over time.
Copyright © 2023 The International Federation of Accountants (IFAC). All rights reserved.
- IFAC Comment Letter on EFRAG Draft European Sustainability Reporting Standards
- IFAC Comment Letter on IPSASB Consultation Paper, Advancing Public Sector Sustainability Reporting
- IFAC Comment Letter on the ISSB's Exposure Draft: Climate Related Disclosures
- IFAC Response to the IFRS for SMEs Exposure Draft
- IFAC Small and Medium Practices Advisory Group Response to the IAASB’s Exposure Draft proposed Narrow Scope Amendments to ISA 700 (Revised) and ISA 260 (Revised)
You must be signed in to the IFAC website in order to submit a comment. If you do not have an account, please register below. IFAC respects your privacy and will not send you unsolicited email or spam. You can subscribe to IFAC publications, change your subscription preferences, or manage your user profile at any time.
Get the latest updates delivered to your inbox
LOOKING FOR BOARD STANDARDS?
Translations & Permissions
Looking to reproduce the standards for your members? Want to include IFAC's publications in your training materials or university course? Learn how we can help.