Contributing to the Global Economy
Audit Fees Survey 2022
Understanding Audit Fees and Non-Audit Service Fees, 2013-2020
Apr 25, 2022 | Surveys & Reports
How much does audit cost? How does this compare to the fees companies pay for other professional services provided by statutory auditors? These questions are the starting point for this report. But when talking about listed companies in different jurisdictions and of all sizes, absolute figures may not shed meaningful comparative insight. Accordingly, the purpose of this analysis is to quantify audit fees as a percentage of corporate revenue—allowing us to better compare information across a range of mega-cap, large-cap, mid-cap, small-cap, and micro-cap entities trading on US, Canadian, and European stock exchanges from 2013 to 2020.
Copyright © 2023 The International Federation of Accountants (IFAC). All rights reserved.
- IFAC Small and Medium Practices Advisory Group Response to the IAASB’s Exposure Draft proposed Narrow Scope Amendments to ISA 700 (Revised) and ISA 260 (Revised)
- IFAC-IAASB Quality Management Resources
- Quality Management Series: Small Firm Implementation, Installment One
- The Risk Identification and Assessment Process: Tips on Implementing ISA 315 (Revised 2019)
- The State of Play: Sustainability Disclosure & Assurance 2019-2021 Trends & Analysis
You must be signed in to the IFAC website in order to submit a comment. If you do not have an account, please register below. IFAC respects your privacy and will not send you unsolicited email or spam. You can subscribe to IFAC publications, change your subscription preferences, or manage your user profile at any time.
Get the latest updates delivered to your inbox
LOOKING FOR BOARD STANDARDS?
Translations & Permissions
Looking to reproduce the standards for your members? Want to include IFAC's publications in your training materials or university course? Learn how we can help.