Contributing to the Global Economy
Getting to Net Zero: A Global Review of Corporate Disclosures
Nov 09, 2022 | Surveys & Reports
As a global systemic risk, climate change has become a focal point for corporate sustainability disclosure. Getting to Net Zero: A Global Review of Corporate Disclosures analyzes disclosure trends in emissions reduction targets and transition plans of the 40 largest exchange-listed companies in 15 jurisdictions, for a total of 600 companies. The jurisdictions include G7 countries and 8 non-G7 countries for the 2020 reporting year.
Key policy considerations include:
- Consistent terminology: Are changes in current terminology and presentation required to enhance investors' understanding of the nature and scope of company-specific targets and disclosures?
- Scope 3 emissions: Should scope 3 emissions be included in reduction targets and transition plans?
- Standardized transition plan disclosures: How can transition plan disclosures be standardized for companies and industries at the international level?
- Transparency of financial implications of decarbonization: What challenges need to be addressed to encourage companies to enhance the information they provide regarding the cost associated with meeting reduction goals?
Copyright © 2023 The International Federation of Accountants (IFAC). All rights reserved.
- Sustainability Assurance
- A4S and IFAC Climate Week Event Takeaways and Recording: Finance Leaders Plugging the Net-Zero Information Gap
- No Net Zero Without SMEs: Strengthening Policy and Collective Action for SME Greening
- Carbon Quotient: Accounting for Net Zero
- Sustainability Standards
You must be signed in to the IFAC website in order to submit a comment. If you do not have an account, please register below. IFAC respects your privacy and will not send you unsolicited email or spam. You can subscribe to IFAC publications, change your subscription preferences, or manage your user profile at any time.
Get the latest updates delivered to your inbox
LOOKING FOR BOARD STANDARDS?
Translations & Permissions
Looking to reproduce the standards for your members? Want to include IFAC's publications in your training materials or university course? Learn how we can help.