Contributing to the Global Economy
The Role of SMPs in Providing Business Support to SMEs: New Evidence
Sep 14, 2016 | Surveys & Reports
Key Findings from the The Role of SMPs in Providing Business Support to SMEs: New Evidence include:
- A number of factors influence SMEs’ demand for advice, including both external factors, such as competition and regulation, and personal factors, such as the relationship and level of trust between the SMP and the SME owner-manager, as well as the size and nature of the entity;
- Dependent on their size, competencies, location, and appetite for risk, SMPs are continuing to increase and diversify the array of business advisory services they provide to meet SMEs’ needs;
- Despite competition from other service providers, accountants, especially SMPs, remain SMEs’ preferred advisors; and
- Due to the multitude of factors involved, client-advisor interactions between SMEs and SMPs are complex, but generally these relationships are long term and based on a solid foundation of trust and communication.
Copyright © 2023 The International Federation of Accountants (IFAC). All rights reserved.
- Agreed-Upon Procedures Engagements
- Audit Fees Survey 2022
- Choosing the Right Service: Comparing Audit, Review, Compilation and Agreed-Upon Procedures Services - IFAC PAO MEMBERS ONLY
- Quality Management Series: Small Firm Implementation, Installment One
- Sustainability Information for Small Businesses: The Opportunity for Practitioners
You must be signed in to the IFAC website in order to submit a comment. If you do not have an account, please register below. IFAC respects your privacy and will not send you unsolicited email or spam. You can subscribe to IFAC publications, change your subscription preferences, or manage your user profile at any time.
Get the latest updates delivered to your inbox
LOOKING FOR BOARD STANDARDS?
Translations & Permissions
Looking to reproduce the standards for your members? Want to include IFAC's publications in your training materials or university course? Learn how we can help.