In recent years, technological evolution has changed the way we work and learn—and the pace of change is not slowing. Sponsored by Learnsignal, join IFAC and more than 20 speakers for our three-day virtual summit to hear from a wide-range of experts—including Ben Elder, Meta’s Global Head of Strategic Partnerships; Space Economy’s George Pullen and Samson Williams; Cameron Carr, FinTech Advisor at IOSCO and Dr. Robert Kay, co-founder and Executive Director, Incept Labs as well as speakers from the professional accountancy organizations and firms that are the backbone of the profession —on technology’s impact on the future of our profession. Register Now
Learn more about Learnsignal
Watch the 2021 EdExchange Summit
The EdExchange will take place on October 17-19, 2022 from 8-11 am US ET and will air in English with live interpretation in Arabic, French, Russian and Spanish.
- Day 1, October 17, 8-11 am US EDT
- Opening Remarks: Alan Johnson, President, International Federation of Accountants
- First Keynote Address: Ben Elder – The Metaverse and the Art of the Possible
- Ben Elder, Global Head of Strategic Partnerships at Meta (Facebook) kicks off our summit helping the profession to see the possibilities the metaverse offers the profession. For many, this may start by answering the question “what exactly is the Metaverse?”
- Second Keynote Address: Paul Goodhew and Arun Misra – Current Trends and the Case for Artificial Intelligence and Robotic Process Automation
- The need for the global accounting profession to explore the new technologies available to us is here. Doing the same thing we have always done is no longer an option. Hear from Paul Goodhew, EY Global Assurance Innovation & Emerging Technology Leader, and Arun Misra, EY Audit Senior Manager, on current trends in technology and their impact to professional accountants globally.
- Session: The Time for Adaptation Is Now
- Dr Robert Kay, Co-Founder and Executive Director of Incept Labs, and Philomena Leung, Director of Education, Institute of Public Accountants, will share their research findings on the competencies and skills necessary for the future professional accountant.
- Session: The Future of FinTech
- Hear from Cameron Carr, FinTech Advisor with the International Organization of Securities Commissions (IOSCO), and Sanjay Rughani, CEO at Standard Chartered Bank Uganda, on IOSCOS’s recent fintech initiatives and the role of professional accountants in digitization and fintech.
- Closing Reflections: Helen Partridge – IFAC Director, Accountancy Education
- Day 2, October 18, 8-11 am US EDT
- Opening Remarks: Helen Partridge, IFAC Director, Accountancy Education
- Panel: Remaining Relevant in Technology: How and What to Learn
- Join us for a moderated panel discussion on the information and communication technology skills professional accountants should learn and how to do so. Building on her research of key learning and development trends, Sharon Machado, Head of Sustainable Business at ACCA, will moderate the panel, joined by Abigail Bruce, Learning and Development Lead at Baker Tilly International, and Gabriela Maria Farias Martinez, Director of Faculty Development at Tecnologico de Monterrey.
- Case Study: CBDC’s Are Inevitable
- Authors of the book, The Space Economy: Book Zero in the Space Economy Series, George Pullen, Chief Space Economist and Co-Host on The Space Economy, and Samson Williams, self-proclaimed serial entrepreneur and accidental investor, join us to discuss the future of Central Bank Digital Currencies.
- Panel: Impact of Technology on the Audit
- How is technology impacting audit? What trends are likely to impact audit next? Moderated by Chris Arnold, IFAC Director and Head of SME/SMP and Research, hear from Danielle Davies, Staff Fellow at the International Auditing and Assurance Standards Board; Danielle Cheek, Vice President of Strategy and Industry Relations at MindBridge; Kevan Bradshaw, Strategic Change and Communications Leader PwC; and Evasen Archary, Executive Department, Independent Regulatory Board for Auditors and learn why it is not an option to keep doing the same thing anymore.
- Closing Reflections: Anne-Marie Vitale, Chair, IFAC’s International Panel on Accountancy Education
- Day three, October 19, 8-11 am US EDT
- Opening Remarks: Lisa Padmore, IFAC Board Member
- Panel: The Impact of Technology to Ethics, Integrity and Anti-Corruption
- Moderated by Scott Hanson, IFAC Director, Policy and Global Engagement, this panel will explore the new ethics and integrity risks and challenges we face—and the new opportunities technology provides to hold the line against corruption and economic crime. Scott will be joined by Angela Foyle, Financial Services Partner and Head of Risk Management and Economic Crime BDO Global, Brian Friedrich and Saadiyah Adam, members of the International Ethics Standards Board for Accountants, and Theodora Christou, member of the International Bar Association Working Group on Artificial Intelligence and Human Rights.
- Case Study: Evolution of Interactive and Experiential Learning for Accounting Professionals
- Hear from Michael Grant, AICPA Senior Director – Learning Innovation & Assessment, and Bryan Morgan, AICPA Interactive Learning and Innovation Designer, to see the possibilities of integrating these technologies in our learning and development.
- Bonus Session: Global Ethics Day
- Join representatives from the International Ethics Standards Board to celebrate Global Ethics Day 2022, Ethics Empowered.
- Closing Reflections: Kevin Dancey, IFAC CEO