Supporting International Standards
Accountability. Now. Explained
Brochure Explains Campaign for Enhanced Public Financial Reporting, Sound Decision Making, and Accountability
Oct 07, 2015 | Guidance & Support Tools, Surveys & Reports
Transparency and accountability require robust financial information.
Governments around the world are entrusted by their populations to manage their financial resources in a sensible and cost-effective way. They collect revenues, largely through taxation, and in return are expected to deliver a wide range of public services such as education, health, infrastructure and social transfers for the benefit of current and future generations.
Accountability. Now. is a campaign for higher standards of public sector information around the world. Its role is to provide the catalyst for change. It challenges governments to recognize the importance of working toward financial reporting that meets international standards.
The campaign includes the following initiatives:
- Building a global coalition – bringing together organizations that support the objective of improving transparency and accountability in the public sector
- Raising awareness – reinforcing the benefits of sound financial reporting to governments unconvinced of the need for change
- Developing partnerships to effect change – bringing together key actors in the public sector community to take action to improve financial information in the public sector
- Building capacity at a country level – through engagement with local accountancy organizations, helping to develop a pipeline of well-trained professional accountants to work with government organizations in order to bring about the change that is required.
JOIN US ON THE JOURNEY TO ACCOUNTABILITY. NOW.
Copyright © 2023 The International Federation of Accountants (IFAC). All rights reserved.
- 2022 G20 Call to Action
- Global Priorities for Professional Accountants in Business and the Public Sector
- International Public Sector Financial Accountability Index: 2021 Status Report
- Statements of Membership Obligations, 1-7
- Sustainable Debt and the Role of Professional Accountants in Business and the Public Sector
You must be signed in to the IFAC website in order to submit a comment. If you do not have an account, please register below. IFAC respects your privacy and will not send you unsolicited email or spam. You can subscribe to IFAC publications, change your subscription preferences, or manage your user profile at any time.
Get the latest updates delivered to your inbox
LOOKING FOR BOARD STANDARDS?
Translations & Permissions
Looking to reproduce the standards for your members? Want to include IFAC's publications in your training materials or university course? Learn how we can help.