Supporting International Standards
Accrual Practices and Reform Expectations in the Caribbean
Public Sector Financial Accountability Survey Findings
Mar 15, 2017 | Surveys & Reports
Organized by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of the Caribbean (ICAC), IFAC, and the World Bank, a 2016 conference brought together representatives of Caribbean governments and the accountancy profession to discuss enhancements to public financial accounting and reporting, and to consider how to enhance collaboration between governments and the accountancy profession to improve public financial accounting and reporting in the region.
Conference participants completed a survey on the status of IPSAS adoption in their country, the findings of which are reported here.
Key findings, include:
- Anguilla and the Cayman Islands are the only Caribbean countries that have fully implemented IPSAS to date;
- Most others have begun the IPSAS implementation process and are in various stages of adoption;
- Many of these countries are facing challenges with full IPSAS implementation.
IFAC, through its Accountability. Now. initiative, together with ICAC and the various national professional accountancy organizations, aim to continue to support all countries with the transition to IPSAS.
Copyright © 2023 The International Federation of Accountants (IFAC). All rights reserved.
- 2022 G20 Call to Action
- Global Priorities for Professional Accountants in Business and the Public Sector
- International Public Sector Financial Accountability Index: 2021 Status Report
- Statements of Membership Obligations, 1-7
- Sustainable Debt and the Role of Professional Accountants in Business and the Public Sector
You must be signed in to the IFAC website in order to submit a comment. If you do not have an account, please register below. IFAC respects your privacy and will not send you unsolicited email or spam. You can subscribe to IFAC publications, change your subscription preferences, or manage your user profile at any time.
Get the latest updates delivered to your inbox
LOOKING FOR BOARD STANDARDS?
Translations & Permissions
Looking to reproduce the standards for your members? Want to include IFAC's publications in your training materials or university course? Learn how we can help.