Supporting International Standards
IFAC Response to the IFRS for SMEs Exposure Draft
Mar 07, 2023 | Comment Letters
IFAC welcomes this comprehensive review of IFRS for small- and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs). In principle, we support alignment of IFRS for SMEs with full IFRS Standards. As a basic standard-setting principle we believe the concepts that underpin IFRS and IFRS for SMEs should be the same, notwithstanding that their application may need to be modified to address user needs and capacity constraints of SMEs.
We generally agree with most of the proposals in the Exposure Draft and commend the IASB for considering the cost/benefit of each new or amended requirements from the perspective of SMEs and users of their financial statements. We believe it is critical to maintain the concept of ‘undue cost or effort’ and related exemptions as this is part of the foundation on which IFRS for SMEs has been developed and is a contributing reason why it is attractive to SMEs across the world.
Copyright © 2023 The International Federation of Accountants (IFAC). All rights reserved.
- IFAC Response to the IASB Request for Information on Its Comprehensive Review of the IFRS for SMEs Standard
- IFAC Comment Letter on EFRAG Draft European Sustainability Reporting Standards
- IFAC Comment Letter on IPSASB Consultation Paper, Advancing Public Sector Sustainability Reporting
- IFAC Comment Letter on the ISSB's Exposure Draft: Climate Related Disclosures
- IFAC Small and Medium Practices Advisory Group Response to the IAASB’s Exposure Draft proposed Narrow Scope Amendments to ISA 700 (Revised) and ISA 260 (Revised)
You must be signed in to the IFAC website in order to submit a comment. If you do not have an account, please register below. IFAC respects your privacy and will not send you unsolicited email or spam. You can subscribe to IFAC publications, change your subscription preferences, or manage your user profile at any time.
Get the latest updates delivered to your inbox
LOOKING FOR BOARD STANDARDS?
Translations & Permissions
Looking to reproduce the standards for your members? Want to include IFAC's publications in your training materials or university course? Learn how we can help.