Supporting International Standards
Self-Assessment Against Main Requirements of International Education Standards (SMO 2)
Sep 17, 2020 | Guidance & Support Tools
All available Translations: Bosnian Russian Spanish-Spain
All IFAC member organizations are required to adopt and implement the International Education Standards, or support their adoption and implementation as part of fulfilling IFAC's Statement of Membership Obligation 2.
This IES self-assessment checklist will help professional accountancy organizations:
- Facilitate a high-level assessment of the educational requirements for professional accountants in their jurisdictions against the IESs, with a view to further develop roadmaps for IES adoption, thus bringing the quality of professional education in their jurisdiction to an internationally recognized benchmark.
- Raise awareness about the IESs and their requirements among stakeholders as a set of high-quality, internationally-accepted standards that establish accountancy education principles for life-long learning, and assist stakeholders in understanding how the IES requirements should be incorporated.
- Assist private- and public-sector stakeholders to collaborate on roadmaps to IES implementation.
This checklist supplements the detailed requirements, guidance materials, and good practice advice for IES practical implementation contained in the IFAC Accountancy Education E-Tool.
Copyright © 2023 The International Federation of Accountants (IFAC). All rights reserved.
- Connecting Your Educational Programming to Emerging Trends
- International Standards: 2022 Global Adoption Status Snapshot
- Self-Assessment Against Main Requirements of SMO 1 – Quality Assurance Review Systems
- Self-Assessment Against Main Requirements of SMO 6 – Investigation & Discipline Systems
- Supporting Accountants in Business & Public Sector Through Uncertain Times
You must be signed in to the IFAC website in order to submit a comment. If you do not have an account, please register below. IFAC respects your privacy and will not send you unsolicited email or spam. You can subscribe to IFAC publications, change your subscription preferences, or manage your user profile at any time.
Get the latest updates delivered to your inbox
LOOKING FOR BOARD STANDARDS?
Translations & Permissions
Looking to reproduce the standards for your members? Want to include IFAC's publications in your training materials or university course? Learn how we can help.