Leveraging Effective Risk Management and Internal Control for Your Organization
Vincent Tophoff and J. Stephen McNally | Senior Technical Manager, IFAC, and Finance Director and Comptroller, Campbell Soup Company
Jun 12, 2013 | at Institute of Management Accountants Conference | New Orleans, US | English
IFAC Senior Technical Manager Vincent Tophoff and Campbell Soup Company Finance Director and Comptroller J. Stephen McNally gave a presentation at the 94th annual Institute of Management Accountants (IMA)'s conference in New Orleans, Louisiana, USA. The presentation outlines some of the pitfalls many organizations face with their current systems of risk management and internal control. Mr. Tophoff and Mr. McNally also discuss the revised Internal Control-Integrated Framework, published in May 2013 by the Committee of Sponsoring Organizations of the Treadway Commission (COSO) as well as ISO 31000:2009, Risk Management - Principles and Guidelines from the International Organization for Standardization (ISO).
- summarizes the most important pitfalls in current risk management & internal control (RM/IC) practice;
- provides insight into current thinking on risk management and internal control;
- outlines key concepts contained in the most important risk management and internal control guidelines;
- discusses the impact of these developments and approaches for organizations; and
- identifies and discusses other emerging trends related to risk management and internal control.