Speeches & Presentations
by Vincent Tophoff and J. Stephen McNally, IFAC Senior Technical Manager and Campbell Soup Company Finance Director and Comptroller
Jun 13, 2014
at Institute of Management Accountants’ Annual Conference
Minneapolis, MN, US
Upgrading Risk Management and Internal Control in Your Organization
Following a well-received presentation during the 2013 Institute of Management Accountants (IMA)’s Annual Conference, IFAC Senior Technical Manager Vincent Tophoff and Campbell Soup Company Finance Director and Comptroller J. Stephen McNally gave a follow-up presentation during the 2014 conference to discuss additional risk management and internal control (RM/IC) issues and considerations.
This presentation addresses the maturity of RM/IC arrangements in an organization and details a case study looking at how Campbell Soup assessed the RM/IC arrangements of its North American co-manufacturing operations. The presentation concludes with a call to action for professional accountants to:
- Build subject-matter-expertise in RM/IC frameworks, standards, and other guidance;
- Educate audit committee, senior executives, operating units, and functional management on RM/IC;
- Support line management by providing high-quality information;
- Establish good RM/IC for the finance function; and
- Champion the importance of continuous RM/IC improvement.
This presentation follows the June 2013 presentation, Leveraging Effective Risk Management and Internal Control for your Organization.