Accounting Resources, News & Views Are Only a Click Away in the Global Knowledge Gateway
Jul 17, 2015 | English
Launched last year by the International Federation of Accountants® (IFAC®), the Global Knowledge Gateway™ is a global hub for accountancy news, views, resources, and thought leadership from around the world. The Gateway now includes hundreds of original articles, brings together thousands of carefully selected resources and news items, and is growing daily.
Who should visit the Gateway? The Gateway is a place for professional and aspiring professional accountants, including students, and those working in business and practices of all sizes to:
- Access practical resources from around the world;
- Learn about emerging areas of the profession, like integrated reporting and Islamic finance;
- Stay connected to the most pressing accountancy issues and news of the day; and
- Interact by exchanging views, making recommendations, and sharing what they find with their own social networks.
What’s New? If you haven’t visited the Gateway recently, it’s time for another look. Late last year, IFAC added a tenth topic area, Islamic finance, to increase awareness of the ethical principles, standards, and regulation around this rapidly growing area. In addition, the website is now completely mobile friendly for viewing on any tablet or mobile device. And, with the addition of Google Translate (in the upper right corner of the site), the entire IFAC website is now available in 80 languages.
In 2015, IFAC anticipates an increase in multimedia resources, such as videos and podcasts. Several videos are currently in production, including a three-part series with futurist James Canton. See Part I, “Create an Innovative Culture by Looking Outside the Profession.”
Your Portal to the Rest of the World In the Gateway, you will discover documents, reports, videos, audio, and links to hundreds of websites. All content is indexed by an easy-to-use search engine, and resources can be filtered by sub-topic, type, and source. In addition, you can engage in conversation forums and blogs to exchange views with professionals and experts around the world. Register to suggest and recommend content, join discussions, and subscribe to The Latest, our customizable, twice-monthly update on recently added content.
What Can You Learn on the Gateway?
The Gateway offers a mixture of expert opinions, thought leadership, technical guidance, and much more. It is organized around ten topic areas, including Audit & Assurance, Ethics, Performance & Financial Management, Practice Management, and Risk Management & Internal Control.
The Gateway provides accounting professionals with practical information they can use to help them in their day-to-day business challenges, for example:
- Best Practices—Learn how businesses are managing their operations and delivering services in a profitable way.
- How-to Guidance—Gain insights into how professional standards and methodologies are being applied by experts and authorities in the field.
- Trends in the Accounting Profession and the Marketplace—Gain ongoing awareness about changes in technology, risks and opportunities, economic factors impacting the profession, and the regulatory environment.
- Content Development—Access a rich source of subject matter and research to include in presentations and speeches.
- Networking—Use the Gateway’s discussions as a way to engage in peer-to-peer contact and relationship building.
- Professional Awareness for Students—Use the Gateway as a study aid or research tool; it’s a convenient portal for students and those preparing themselves to enter the profession to access introductory resources and links to authoritative institutions
Register to get the most out of the Gateway and start building your knowledge and exploring the Gateway’s myriad features today.