The Accountancy Profession and the Sustainable Development Goals
Warren Allen | IFAC Past President
Nov 04, 2015 | at UNCTAD ISAR | Geneva, Switzerland | English
During a recent UN Conference on Trade and Development International Standards of Accounting and Reporting (UNCTAD ISAR) event, IFAC Immediate Past President Warren Allen detailed the important relationship between the accountancy profession and achieving the Sustainable Development Goals.
The accountancy profession is a critical partner in many of the 17 SDGs, including:
- #4 Quality education
- #8 Decent work and economic growth
- #9 Industry, innovation, and infrastructure
- #12 Responsible consumption and production
- #13 Climate action
- #16 Peace, justice, and strong institutions
- #17 Partnership for the goals
IFAC’s role in international standard setting, the development and support of the global accountancy profession, and global advocacy on public interest issues are also key in seeing the SDGs succeed.