Developing a Future-Ready Profession for Accountants in Business
May 25, 2017 | English
Following on the fundamental reorientation of the IFAC Professional Accountants in Business Committee made to its meetings and communications in 2016, the committee has issued a report that shares the knowledge, ideas, and experience of the committee on developing a future-ready profession.
The report is designed to be accessible, with improved navigation, summaries that enable a fast read; and clearly identified future actions and recommendations.
The main themes in the report, and in the meeting it flows from, are:
- digital disruption and rapid cognitive business development;
- the continued evolution of the profiles of finance leadership and accountants in business;
- effective risk management;
- how integrated reporting can lead to better reporting outcomes; and
- how the new media landscape is changing the way we communicate.
The Committee, made up of an international group of thought leaders from IFAC member organizations, met in New York March 29-30 for its bi-annual meeting, chaired by Charles Tilley, Executive Chairman of the CGMA Research Foundation. Insights from the meeting will help raise awareness of emerging trends, challenges, and opportunities affecting the accountancy profession and accountants in business across the globe, and will help the global profession coordinate activities.