Morocco, Italy, & Pakistan Representatives Elected as IFAC Board Members
40th Annual Council Admits New Member & Associate Organizations
Nov 21, 2017 | Brussels, Belgium | English
The International Federation of Accountants® (IFAC®) is pleased to announce that three new Board Members were elected, and two Member Organizations and one Associate Organization were admitted to the organization, at its 40th Annual Council meeting.
Three new IFAC Board Members are:
- Asmâa Resmouki, Morocco, nominated by Ordre Des Experts Comptables;
- ElbanoDe Nuccio, Italy, nominated by Consiglio Nazionale Dei Dottori Commercialisti Degli Esperti Contabili;
- YacoobSuttar, Pakistan, nominated by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan.
Two existing IFAC Associates were admitted as Members:
- Association of Accounting Technicians of Sri Lanka, sponsored by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Sri Lanka;
- Institute of Certified Accountants of Montenegro, sponsored by the Slovenian Institute of Auditors.
And a professional accountancy organization was admitted as an IFAC Associate:
- Lithuanian Association of Accountants and Auditors, sponsored by the Lithuanian Chamber of Auditors.
“We are delighted to welcome our newest Board Members, as well as two Member Organizations and an Associate,” said IFAC President Rachel Grimes. “Our Board Members bring passion and experience from their home countries to support the global accountancy profession in the public interest.”
“When IFAC was founded in 1977, it had 63 founding members. Today, we have more than 175 members. This tremendous growth has been made possible by thousands of volunteers—who like today’s Board and Committee Members and their Technical Advisors—are committed public interest champions,” she said.
IFAC’s Council meeting this year brought more than 100 member and associate organizations from around the world to Brussels. The next Council meeting will take place in Sydney, Australia, in November 2018, to coincide with the 20th World Congress of Accountants.
IFAC is the global organization for the accountancy profession dedicated to serving the public interest by strengthening the profession and contributing to the development of strong international economies. IFAC is comprised of more than 175 members and associates in more than 130 countries and jurisdictions, representing almost 3 million accountants in public practice, education, government service, industry, and commerce