IFAC and the International Bar Association to Cohost Virtual Event on Fighting Corruption
June 1st event part of the UN General Assembly Special Session Against Corruption
May 28, 2021 | New York, NY | English
On Tuesday, June 1 at 9 AM EDT, as part of the United Nations Special Session of the General Assembly Against Corruption (#UNGASS), the International Federation of Accountants (IFAC) and the International Bar Association (IBA) will be co-hosting the event Independent Professions Fighting Corruption, a live virtual roundtable discussion about how the legal and accountancy professions fight corruption and promote the rule of law.
The global legal and accountancy professions are vital allies in the fight against corruption, in every country around the world. In this live event, distinguished leaders from both professions will discuss how their professions contribute to the fight, with a focus on ethics and independence. While the “professional enablers” narrative has attracted significant attention recently, this event looks to highlight the important role the professions play as allies, as well as to strengthen the dialogue with key stakeholders and enhancing the professions’ contributions as committed partners.
- Srinivas Gurazada, Head of Public Expenditure and Financial Accountability (PEFA) Initiative Secretariat
- Leopoldo Pagotto, Co-Chair, IBA Anti-Corruption Committee
- Stephen Revell, Freshfields Bruckhaus Derringer and co-vice chair of the IBA Law Firm Management Committee
- Dr. Stavros Thomadakis, Chair, International Ethics Standards Board for Accountants (IESBA)
- Co-Moderator, Sara Carnegie, Director of Legal Projects, IBA
- Co-Moderator, Scott Hanson, Director of Public Policy & Regulation, IFAC
Join the webinar on Tuesday, June 1, at 9:00 AM EDT here.