New IFAC Board Members and Member Organizations Confirmed
Nov 12, 2021 | New York, NY | English
The International Federation of Accountants (IFAC), the voice of the global accountancy profession, this week announced its new board members, and that it is maintaining a female-majority board for the third consecutive year in a row. Over the course of the past decade, IFAC is proud to have improved the gender balance on its key governing bodies.
The new and reappointed IFAC Board members and their nominating member organizations are:
- Gregory Anton (Association of International Certified Professional Accountants, USA)
- Tashia Batstone (Chartered Professional Accountants of Canada, Canada)
- Jeanine Poggiolini (South African Institute of Chartered Accountants, South Africa)
- Lisa Padmore (Institute of Chartered Accountants of Barbados, Barbados)
- Margret Pétursdóttir (Nordic Federation of Public Accountants, Iceland)
- Dr. Jianhua Tang (Chinese Institute of Certified Public Accountants, China)
- Ayşe Arıak Tunaboylu (Union of Chambers of Certified Public Accountants of Turkey / Expert Accountants' Association of Turkey, Turkey)
New IFAC Member Organizations Admitted
In addition to the election of new Board members, the IFAC Council also approved new members and associate member organizations.
New IFAC Members:
- Institut Akuntan Publik Indonesia (IAPI) – Indonesia
- Vietnam Association of Certified Public Accountants (VACPA) – Vietnam
- United Arab Emirates Accountants and Auditors Association (UAE AAA) – United Arab Emirates
- Yemeni Association of Certified Public Accountants (YACPA) – Yemen
The new appointments, reappointments and membership decisions were approved at IFAC’s 2021 Council meeting, held virtually on November 10-11.