IFAC Comment Letter on EFRAG Draft European Sustainability Reporting Standards
Aug 06, 2022 | Comment Letters
IFAC welcomes the opportunity to contribute to the public consultation on Draft European Sustainability Reporting Standards (the “Draft ESRS”) addressing a broad range of ESG or sustainability-related topics (the “Consultation”). As the global voice of the accountancy profession, IFAC represents over 180 Professional Accountancy Organizations in 135 jurisdictions, thereby representing over three million professional accountants. As such, our goal is to bring an international perspective to this Consultation and to encourage identification of areas for alignment between global climate and sustainability-related reporting requirements (i.e., those being developed by the International Sustainability Standards Board, ISSB) and those of the European Union and other major jurisdictional initiatives such as the United States. Jurisdictional requirements should align with and compliment the requirements of a comprehensive global baseline of disclosure requirements that will be the focus of the ISSB for global capital markets.
Copyright © 2023 The International Federation of Accountants (IFAC). All rights reserved.
- IFAC Comment Letter on IPSASB Consultation Paper, Advancing Public Sector Sustainability Reporting
- IFAC Comment Letter on the ISSB's Exposure Draft: Climate Related Disclosures
- IFAC Comment Letter on the ISSB's Exposure Draft: General Requirements for Disclosure of Sustainability-Related Financial Information
- IFAC Response to the IFRS for SMEs Exposure Draft
- IFAC Small and Medium Practices Advisory Group Response to the IAASB’s Exposure Draft proposed Narrow Scope Amendments to ISA 700 (Revised) and ISA 260 (Revised)
You must be signed in to the IFAC website in order to submit a comment. If you do not have an account, please register below. IFAC respects your privacy and will not send you unsolicited email or spam. You can subscribe to IFAC publications, change your subscription preferences, or manage your user profile at any time.
Get the latest updates delivered to your inbox
LOOKING FOR BOARD STANDARDS?
Translations & Permissions
Looking to reproduce the standards for your members? Want to include IFAC's publications in your training materials or university course? Learn how we can help.