Join us for Climate Week 2020: Creating Value in a Climate Emergency
September 4, 2020
As the global economy faces many significant challenges in the wake of COVID-19, climate change remains the defining issue of our time. To learn more about best practices for a sustainable recovery from the pandemic and explore the role of business and accountancy in addressing the global climate emergency, please join IFAC and ACCA for our second annual Climate Week event: Creating Value in a Climate Emergency: Recovery, Resilience, and the Transition to Net-Zero.
Time/Date: The virtual event will be held on Tuesday, September 22 from 9-10:30am EDT (2-3:30pm BST).
Registration: Registration is complimentary; click here to register
Program: The event will be comprised of a panel conversation with leading finance experts, as well as a special appearance from Mark Carney, COP 26 Finance Adviser and UN Special Envoy on Climate Action and Finance.
Moderated by ACCA’s Head of Sustainability, Jimmy Greer, the panel will focus on the role of finance and accounting professionals in addressing the climate crisis, including:
- Creating long-term value through climate-resilient business strategies during and beyond COVID-19
- How finance teams can support businesses and organizations to address climate risk and the associated challenges
- Navigating the evolving global policy and regulatory landscape and enhancing reporting to facilitate the transition to a net-zero economy.
Participants will hear the latest insights from the following confirmed speakers:
- Eu-Lin Fang, Partner, PwC
- Jane Thostrup Jagd, Senior Finance Lead, Ørsted
- David Wei, Managing Director, Business for Social Responsibility
- Esther van der Vleuten, Royal NBA Board Member & Partner, PwC Netherlands
Contact: Please do reach out to us at email@example.com with any questions.