State-Owned Enterprises & PAOs in Public Financial Management Reform: Recovery Post COVID-19
On August 11, 2021, IFAC, the World Bank and the Arab Federation of Accountants and Auditors (AFAA) hosted an interactive webinar on public financial management (PFM) reform recovery post-COVID for senior government officials, representatives from Supreme Audit Institutions (SAIs), and professional accountancy organizations (PAOs).
The webinar, which attracted around 400 participants, provided a forum to support our Middle East North Africa (MENA) region clients, position them for success during the post-COVID recovery phase, and advance transparency and accountability throughout the region.
Webinar speakers included:
· Hatem Kawasmy, AFAA Chairman
· Jens Kristensen, Practice Manager, Governance, Middle East North Africa, World Bank
· Rajat Narula, Lead Financial Management Specialist, Governance, World Bank
· Alex Metcalfe, Global Head of Public Sector at ACCA
· Jamal Milhem, IFAC PAO Development Advisory Group (DAG) Member
· Laura Leka, Principal, PAIB and Public Sector, IFAC
The presentation from the event, as well as recordings in English and Arabic can be accessed below: