1. French Translation Cooperation Framework
An important milestone was achieved recently when the International Federation of Accountants® and Fédération Internationale des Experts Comptables et Commissaires aux Comptes Francophones (FIDEF) signed a formal cooperation framework for French-language translations of IFAC publications during the IFAC annual Council Meeting in Singapore.
READ MORE »
2. Russian 2014 IAASB Handbook Vol. 1 Available
Volume 1 of the 2014 edition of the International Auditing and Assurance Standards Board® handbook includes International Standard on Quality Control 1 and the International Standards on Auditing™. This Russian translation was performed by the National Organization for Financial Accounting and Reporting Standards Foundation (NOFA Foundation). See the Translations Database for additional Russian translations.
READ MORE »
3. Spanish 2014 IESBA Handbook Published
The International Ethics Standards Board for Accountants’® Handbook of the Code of Ethics for Professional Accountants, 2014 Edition, has been translated into Spanish. This edition incorporates several revised pronouncements that were published previously and are now effective—addressing a breach of a requirement of the IESBA Code, conflicts of interest, and the definition of “those charged with governance.” It also contains the revised definition of “engagement team.”
READ MORE »
4. New Spanish Translations from IberAm
New Spanish language documents created via the IberAm™ Project include:Staff Q&As on Professional Skepticism and International Standards on Auditing™ PowerPoint module presentations for the IAASB, as well as the series of articles, Pricing on Purpose: How to Implement Value Pricing in Your Firm, Parts I-III. Available via theTranslations Database.
5. Translations on Global Knowledge Gateway
The Global Knowledge Gateway welcomes translated content. Viewpoints in Russian andSpanish are available on the site and commentary in more languages, such as Arabic, Chinese, French, and Polish, will be added soon. Thanks to the relevant translating organizations for their efforts.
6. Watch for New Translations in 2016
More translated publications in various languages are expected in 2016. These include updated versions of the handbooks from the IAASB®, IAESB™, IESBA®, and the IPSASB®, as well as the Guide to Using International Standards on Auditing in the Audits of Small- and Medium-Sized Entities, Guide to Practice Management for Small- and Medium-Sized Practices,Guide to Review Engagements, and Guide to Compilation Engagements.
7. Overview of Authorized Third-Party Licensees
A number of third party organizations have license agreements in place with IFAC for authorized use of specific IFAC-copyrighted content in certain of their commercial products.
READ MORE »
8. 2015 IAESB Handbook Available for Translation
The recently published 2015 edition of the Handbook of International Education Pronouncements is available for translation. It contains the suite of newly revised and redrafted International Education Standard™ and the revised Framework for International Education Standards for Professional Accountants and Aspiring Professional Accountants developed by the International Accounting Education Standards Board™.
GET INFO »
9. Reminder to Submit Permission Requests
This is a reminder about IFAC’s policies that require all interested parties to request permission to reproduce or translate our publications. In order for us to most effectively assist you, please request permission via our Online Permission Request and Inquiry (OPRI) system.
READ MORE »
10. Translations Database Revamp
Our newly interactive translations database includes 50 languages and is more user-friendly and searchable. Check it out!
READ MORE »
11. Get Your IFAC News in Spanish
To receive IFAC news in Spanish, login to ifac.org, click “Manage Subscription Preferences.” Under the IFAC and Standard-Setting Boards tabs, select “Español,” “Comunicados de Prensa y Noticias Electrónicas.”
READ MORE »
12. Join the LinkedIn Translator Forum
Connect with other translating bodies and related stakeholders around the world! We encourage you to join the Forum, post your questions, share your experience or offer your suggestions so that not only you but also your fellow translators may benefit.
JOIN THE FORUM »
13. Recent Translations
IFAC appreciates the efforts of its designated translating bodies which have recently finalized the following translations:
- Bulgarian (ICPAB) - 2015 Handbook of the Code of Ethics for Professional Accountants
- Croatian (CAC) - selections of the 2013 Handbook of the Code of Ethics for Professional Accountants
- Dutch (IBR-IRE) - Good Practice Checklist for Small Business, 2nd Ed
- French (IBR-IRE) - Good Practice Checklist for Small Business, 2nd Ed
- German (WPK) - 2014 Handbook of the Code of Ethics for Professional Accountants
- Greek (ELTE) - International Standard on Assurance Engagement (ISAE) 3420, Assurance Engagements to Report on the Compilation of Pro Forma Financial Information Included in a Prospectus
- Hungarian (CHA) - Glossary of Terms (from Volume I) and International Framework for Assurance Engagements (from Volume II) from the 2014 Handbook of International Quality Control, Auditing, Review, Other Assurance, and Related Services Pronouncements
- Japanese (JICPA) - Auditor Reporting-Key Audit Matters and Auditor Reporting-Illustrative Key Audit Matters
- Korean (KICPA) - Framework for International Education Standards for Professional Accountants and Aspiring Professional Accountants
- Lithuanian (LCA) - selected standards of the 2014 Handbook of International Quality Control, Auditing, Review, Other Assurance, and Related Services Pronouncements
- Polish (AAP) - Statements of Membership Obligations (SMOs) 1-7 (Revised)
- Romanian (CAFR) - Exploring Assurance on Integrated Reporting and Other Emerging Developments in External Reporting
- Russian (PWC Russia) - 2014 At a Glance: A Framework for Audit Quality
- Russian (PWC Russia) - At a Glance: New and Revised Auditor Reporting Standards and Related Conforming Amendments
- Russian (PWC Russia) - The New Auditor’s Report: Greater Transparency into the Financial Statement Audit
- Spanish (FACPCE) - Establishing and Developing a Professional Accountancy Body
- Thai (FAP) - excerpts from Fact Sheet Reporting on Audited Financial Statements – New and Revised Auditor Reporting Standards and Related Conforming Amendments
- Thai (FAP) - ISRE™ 2400 (Revised), Engagements to Review Historical Financial Statements and ISRS™ 4410 (Revised), Compilation Engagements from the 2014 Handbook of International Quality Control, Auditing, Review, Other Assurance, and Related Services Pronouncements