Guide to Review Engagements
Dec 10, 2013 | Guidance & Support Tools
In progress Translation:
Developed in conjunction with CPA Canada, this guide aims to help professional accountants in practice, especially those operating in small- and medium-sized practices (SMPs), in conducting review engagements in compliance with International Standard on Review Engagements (ISRE) 2400 (Revised), Engagements to Review Historical Financial Statements.
To help practitioners develop a deeper understanding of the standard, the guide includes the following features:
- Illustrative examples;
- Relevant extracts from the standard;
- Practical points for practitioners’ consideration;
- Tips on how to efficiently implement the standard; and
- Checklists and forms that can be adapted to meet the particular requirements/circumstances of individual review engagements and jurisdictions.
- Limited Assurance Engagements for Practitioners, a PowerPoint slide deck to introduce users to the value and benefits of review engagements, and to the key topics in the Guide. Member bodies may have access to the slides for use in training and CPD courses. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for access.
Copyright © 2023 The International Federation of Accountants (IFAC). All rights reserved.