IFAC & ABC Webinar: Crypto-Assets, Overview of Use Case Traction – Accounting, Assurance, Tax and Internal Control Implications
The rapid rise of cryptocurrencies and assets and the enabling blockchain technology has led to significant international interest and scrutiny by businesses, accountants, regulators, governments, investors and a multitude of others.
For the accountancy profession, there is increasing focus on the accounting and control implications associated with the crypto space.
The distinguished speakers in this webinar provided a wide range of insights on the current state of crypto-assets and blockchain, security and internal implications and the impact crypto is having on accounting, audit, assurance and tax:
- Monica Singer who is South Africa’s Lead for Consensys and a Board member of the South African Institute of Chartered Accountants;
- David Deputy who is the President of the Accounting Blockchain Coalition & Director of Strategic Development & Emerging Markets at Vertex, Inc.;
- Mark Li who is an Audit Partner at BPM LLP and their Blockchain and Digital Assets Leader
- Bennett Moore who is the Lead Digital Asset Technical Resource for RSM US LLP; and
- Rob Massey who a Partner at Deloitte and their Global Tax Leader, Blockchain and Cryptocurrency
- Moderated by Lisa Padmore who is an IFAC Board Member, the Technology Advisory Group Chair and an Assurance Partner at EY Barbados.
For presentation slides, click here.