IFAC & ABC Webinar: Crypto-Assets, Overview of Use Case Traction – Accounting, Assurance, Tax and Internal Control Implications
IFAC & Accounting Blockchain Coalition | March 31, 2020 | 1
The rapid rise of cryptocurrencies and assets and the enabling blockchain technology has led to significant international interest and scrutiny by businesses, accountants, regulators, governments, investors and a multitude of others.
For the accountancy profession, there is increasing focus on the accounting and control implications associated with the crypto space.
The distinguished speakers in this webinar provided a wide range of insights on the current state of crypto-assets and blockchain, security and internal implications and the impact crypto is having on accounting, audit, assurance and tax:
- Monica Singer who is South Africa’s Lead for Consensys and a Board member of the South African Institute of Chartered Accountants;
- David Deputy who is the President of the Accounting Blockchain Coalition & Director of Strategic Development & Emerging Markets at Vertex, Inc.;
- Mark Li who is an Audit Partner at BPM LLP and their Blockchain and Digital Assets Leader
- Bennett Moore who is the Lead Digital Asset Technical Resource for RSM US LLP; and
- Rob Massey who a Partner at Deloitte and their Global Tax Leader, Blockchain and Cryptocurrency
- Moderated by Lisa Padmore who is an IFAC Board Member, the Technology Advisory Group Chair and an Assurance Partner at EY Barbados.
For presentation slides, click here.