IFAC TAG Webinar on Cyber Security
In today’s digital age, many people have at some point wondered whether their online accounts have been compromised or have been part of a large data breach.
Like a lot of the issues that make the news on a regular basis, we can become desensitized to cyber risks, but it is imperative, especially for organizations of all sizes, to be vigilant and educate their employees and stakeholders on proper protocols and procedures for minimizing risk. Accounting professionals are in a unique position to address cybersecurity.
The distinguished speakers in this webinar provide a range of insights on how cybersecurity is impacting business and the accountancy profession, and how accountants and their firms can respond:
- Kirstin Gillon, Technical Manager, IT Faculty, ICAEW;
- George Quigley, Director, Foulkon Limited;
- Donny Shimamoto, Founder & Managing Director, Intraprise TechKnowlogies;
- Erik Asgeirsson, President and Chief Executive, CPA.com; and
- Mimi Blanco-Best, Associate Director, Attestation Methodology and Guidance, AICPA