Transnational Auditors Committee
Established May 2000
The IFAC Transnational Auditors Committee (TAC) serves as the official link between IFAC and the Forum of Firms (FoF, Forum). It is broadly responsible for implementing and advancing the Forum's objectives and operations. It also plays a major role in encouraging Forum members to conduct high-quality international audits by requiring the commitment to comply with certain international standards as a condition of membership.
The TAC also supports audit quality by:
- Identifying audit practice issues and making suggested recommendations to the appropriate standard-setting boards to review these issues as needed;
- Providing a forum to discuss best practices in areas including quality management, auditing, independence, and training and continuing professional development;
- Facilitating interaction among transnational firms, international regulators, financial institutions, and other stakeholders with regard to audit quality, systems of quality management, and transparency of international networks; and
- Identifying qualified candidates to nominate to serve on the international standard-setting boards.
Transnational Auditors Committee Members
Christine Albrecht, Chair
Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited
Sheri Anderson KPMG International Limited Jean-Luc Barlet Mazars Samuel Leigh Burke PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited Bettina Cassegrain HLB International David Chitty Crowe Global Matthew Cook KPMG International Limited Stewart Dunne BDO Ed Fox Grant Thornton International Ltd Paul Ginman Nexia International Antoni Gómez Valverde AUREN Wally Gregory Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited Matthew Hallett PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited Marion Hannon RSM International Gary Hengelsberg Ernst & Young Global Limited Nick Jeffrey Baker Tilly International Limited David Kane Ernst & Young Global Limited Lina Lemessiou Russell Bedford International Pablo San Martin SMS Latinoamérica Katherine Schamerhorn Grant Thornton International Ltd. Jill Starrs UHY International Limited
Forum of Firms
The Forum of Firms is an independent association of international networks of firms that perform transnational audits. The Forum's objective is to promote consistent and high-quality standards of financial reporting and auditing practices worldwide—bringing together firms that perform transnational audits and involving them more closely with IFAC’s activities in audit and other assurance-related areas. Forum members must demonstrate their commitment to adhere to and promote the consistent application of high-quality audit practices worldwide, as detailed in the Forum's Constitution, operating procedures, and governance arrangements.
- David Isherwood, Chair
- Barry Naik, Director, Forum of Firms
Forum membership is open to networks and firms of all sizes that:
- Conduct, or have an interest in conducting, transnational audits;
- Promote the consistent application of high-quality audit practices and standards worldwide;
- Support convergence of national audit standards with the International Standards on Auditing issued by the International Auditing and Assurance Standards Board; and
- Demonstrate commitment to the Forum's membership obligations as detailed below.
Forum members commit to:
- Maintaining quality management standards in accordance with the International Standard on Quality Management issued by the IAASB in addition to relevant national quality control standards;
- Conducting, to the extent not prohibited by national regulation, regular globally coordinated internal quality assurance reviews;
- Having policies and methodologies for the conduct of transnational audits that are based, to the extent practicable, on the International Standards on Auditing issued by the IAASB;
- Having policies and methodologies that conform to the IESBA International Code of Ethics for Professional Accountants and national codes of ethics; and
- Agreeing to submit to the Secretary of the Forum an annual report, in an approved format, indicating that it meets the membership obligations set forth above.
International networks of firms practicing under the same name or whose member firms are otherwise closely identified with one another, such as through common elements in their name, will be expected to join as one organization.
Members are those networks or firms that have satisfactorily submitted an annual report to the Transnational Auditors Committee indicating that they have met the Forum's membership obligations during the reporting period. Members shall be entitled to describe themselves as such in accordance with wording to be determined by the Forum.
- Baker Tilly International Limited
- Constantin – Serval & Associés
- Crowe Global
- Daxin Global
- Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited
- ECOVIS International
- Ernst & Young Global Limited
- Grant Thornton International Ltd
- HLB International
- JPA International
- KPMG International Limited
- Kreston Global
- Kudos International
- MGI Worldwide
- Moore Global Network Limited
- Nexia International
- Parker Russell International
- PKF International Limited
- PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited
- Reanda International
- RSM International
- RT ASEAN
- Russell Bedford International
- SFAI Global
- SMS Latinoamérica
- SW International
- Talal Abu Ghazaleh & Co. International
- TASK International
- UHY International Limited
Networks or firms interested in becoming members may participate in the Forum as affiliates during the period prior to their formal membership application. Affiliate status shall terminate upon the earlier of a) progression to full membership or b) three years from the date of acceptance by the TAC as an affiliate. Affiliates must undertake not to publicize their association with the Forum or their affiliate status on their websites, publications, and letterheads.